Bluetooth Not Connecting

Discussion in 'iOS 5 and earlier' started by sdse78, Oct 26, 2011.

1. sdse78 macrumors newbie

Hi,

I am curious if anyone has experienced problems using bluetooth on their new iPhone 4S? I am asking because I attempted to transfer files using bluetooth between my Macbook and iPhone. It does not work. Strangely, my Macbook recognizes my iPhone. However, my iPhone does not recognize any bluetooth devices or the Macbook. I find it very odd that two apple products cannot communicate with each other via bluetooth. If anyone has any ideas or suggestions on how to fix this problem I would really appreciate it. :rolleyes:

2. Mr.C macrumors 601

You can't transfer files using Bluetooth as Apple doesn't support it. That said there may be apps that allow you to do it, I'm not sure. The Bluetooth on iOS devices only works with Bluetooth headsets, headphones and keyboards use. It is limited in its use and compatibility.

3. sdse78 thread starter macrumors newbie

Interesting. But, why can't it at least see the Macbook?? Even if I can't connect I would think one would be discoverable to the other?

4. Mr.C macrumors 601

Can't explain that but even if it could it would be pointless.

5. ggmissmolly macrumors regular

I can Bluetooth tether my 4s to my MacBook Pro. I am however having aroblem with WiFi tethering. Can't seem to make that work.

6. sdse78 thread starter macrumors newbie

Oh? Did you do anything special to accomplish that? Wi-Fi tethering? I was not aware that was possible?