Bluetooth not staying connected?

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by LastLivingSouls, Oct 18, 2014.

1. LastLivingSouls macrumors newbie

Anyone else having this issue? My details are:

Macbook Air Mid-2013: Yosemite
    Iphone 6: 8.0.2
    Ipad mini 2: 8.0.2

I'm trying to get Continuity/Handoff to work and am getting some weird issues.

The only devices that are connected, according to the bluetooth settings on each device, are the Macbook Air to iPad connection. I've been experimenting with the mail app, and I can't seem to find any way to handoff from the iPad to the Macbook Air...I'm not seeing any icon appearing in my dock.

My iPhone doesn't appear to be able to make a connection between my Macbook Air OR the iPad, however I don't seem to have any problems connecting it to my car stereo (which is neither here nor there for this thread, just a bit more evidence).

Further muddling things, there is no connection between my iPhone and my iPad, yet I am able to get the lock screen icon and easily handoff between these two...wtf?

My Macbook will pair with the iPhone, it will say "connected" for 1 second, and then immediately drop off to "not connected". The iPad--->Macbook connection stays as "connected".

Any advice appreciated. Thanks.

2. riverfreak macrumors 6502a

riverfreak

This happens all the time with my BT headset.

3. danielceleste macrumors regular

Continuity and Handoff work flawlessly for me and I've noticed that, on my MacBook, sometimes they as being paired but other times they don't. The features work regardless (I have no bluetooth devices besides my iPhone and iPad).