Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

cpnotebook80

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Feb 4, 2007
Toronto
Ok, I was trying to use the iphone to make calls through imac using software like bluephonelite and dialectic.
I notice that you have to constantly re pair the iphone and mac everytime sometimes and its such a hassle to to work compared to my old 4 yr old sony erricson which works instantly.
this really sucks and wondering if 3gs is the same.
atleast the new leopard update fixed some bluetooth issues but still its hard to detect the iphone on imac etc.and ive to keep turning bluetooth on and off just to find it.

anyone have any advice or expereince the same thing

chrono1081

macrumors G3
Jan 26, 2008
Isla Nublar
Bluetooth is extremely broken technology. The standard is a mess and is all over the place. Some devices just connect, others can connect and share files, others can connect and only share "business cards" its such a mess. We actually stopped supporting bluetooth problems at work because it was eating up all the techs time.

I've never tried with the iPhone (although my friend uses iPhone and bluetooth headphones and headsets just fine) but almost every other phone using bluetooth I've ran into the exact same problem.

I also see the problems on various keyboards.

MacGiver

macrumors 6502a
Aug 12, 2007
France
Agree with that...when i use my Nokia (super old one) it can find my mobiles around and vice versa...when i try with my 3gs it keeps searching from mobile around while mobile around can find the iphone...so we have to admit that BT on iphone is worse than any other phone i owned previously...

cpnotebook80

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Feb 4, 2007
Toronto
Agree with that...when i use my Nokia (super old one) it can find my mobiles around and vice versa...when i try with my 3gs it keeps searching from mobile around while mobile around can find the iphone...so we have to admit that BT on iphone is worse than any other phone i owned previously...

ditto
hopefully the 4th gen iphone comes out, we might ACTUALLY get it to work this time.
bluephone elite is wonderful software and since the new leopard update, needs to fix some bugs out with the iphone bt too

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.