Bluetooth on iPhone 4 is teh suck!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by GreggM3, Jun 29, 2010.

1. GreggM3 macrumors 6502

I can't even put my phone in my front pocket without losing connection to my Jawbone! Never had this problem with my 3GS or any other phone I have used. Between this and the horrible signal issues I am pissed! Anyone else have this problem?

2. Travisimo macrumors 6502a

No, I'm using a Lubix A2DP bluetooth headphones and they work flawlessly on my iPhone 4. In fact, I think the connect a bit faster than my 3GS. I keep the phone in my front pocket while I listen to music and podcasts at work for several hours per night. No dropouts and sound quality seems identical as my 3GS. The phone also works the same as it did on my 3GS with my JVC headunit in our vehicle.

3. Romanesq macrumors 6502a

Romanesq

Had problem

Dropped calls and Bluetooth distortion unusual for the Jabra sees Ii.
    Everything all a ok after putting on a At&t Bodyglove case.

Now no drops and no bluetooth problem. :p

4. hefeglass macrumors 6502a

It's no more sucky than it's always been..

I've always had connection issues in my car and the sound is fuzzy overall. With my motorola headset, it sounds fine.

I get nothing but play/pause, stop as far as avrcp goes.

Wish they would get their act together..

5. gmikesell macrumors regular

I have a plantronics voyager pro

I've always loved my plantronics pro and used it with both my 3GS and my work issued blackberry. However, with my iP4, my wife was complaining it sounded muffled like I had my Bluetooth headset in my pocket. What a bummer! No worries though, just one less feature I'll be using to suck up battery life.

6. Sean4123 macrumors 6502

I'm getting soooo sick of this!!! Every single problem you could possibly think of is being shouted out. This one really irks me because the bluetooth on the iPhone 4 is, without a doubt, a VAST IMPROVEMENT. I have a bluetooth cd deck and now people can actually hear me when I call them. My music sounds much louder too.

7. AnotherLabRat macrumors newbie

What deck are you using?

I can't get Bluetooth Audio to work for anything on my Pioneer. Bluetooth phone calls work fine. My 3G still connects to Audio and Phone on the deck.

8. coelacanth macrumors 6502

I use sennheiser MM100 and it works perfectly with i4. I can leave my phone at desk or coffee table and go into kitchen or bathroom, and music keeps playing with out a single noise. I always leave my phone in pocket and walkaround w/o problem.

9. army91c macrumors 6502a

My experience is different than op's. IMHO i-4's bt is better than my 3GS. I am using freedom bt by jaybird.

10. ryanide macrumors 6502

Pioneer Bluetooth Audio

I have a Pioneer AVIC-Z1 Navigation DVD in my car and the bluetooth with my new iPhone 4 does not allow the volume to be adjusted -like I could do with the 3G iPhone. So, the caller's voice is really loud and the echo is very bad. Before I could use the volume buttons on the iPhone to turn down the caller's voice which made the echo mostly go away.

I was also told my voice sounds more muffled. - this is quite disappointing.

I wonder if it has anything to do with the noise canceling mic?

On a related note, If I use the voice control to dial a contact, the voice commands come over the bluetooth, but the connecting call does not. The bluetooth shows it is still over the car system, but I can't hear anything or switch back to the iPhone. I have to hang up and redial. Makes it kinda useless. ???

11. GreggM3 thread starter macrumors 6502

I was worried that it was the beta sw for the Jawbone ICON I was using but this wasn't the case. I loaded the default sw and re-paired the headset. As soon as I put my phone in my front pocket, (same side as my headset) it lost connection. It stays connected fine on my LG Ally so it has to be the phone. it's not like I am wearing a suit of armor or something that would cause this problem. LOL

12. GreggM3 thread starter macrumors 6502

I called Apple about the Bluetooth and the proximity sensor and they called a local store and got me in for a swap. Now I have to suffer for 24 hours until I get home to sync back all my stuff. So far Bluetooth is great and will test proximity sensor later.

13. mbsaeger macrumors 6502

mbsaeger

Turn off the headset, reboot the phone, power on the headset. This is what worked for my icon, and S9HD