Bluetooth on iPhone and MacBook...

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by tommoran, Oct 14, 2007.

1. tommoran macrumors member

So I have bluetooth on both my iPhone and MacBook.

Can I use BT to transfer files, sinc iTunes, use my Mac keyboard for my iPhone etc.?

Can I "Zune" :eek: songs to and from friends?

2. ivi7 macrumors 6502a

ivi7

No you can't do anything of that sort. All you can do is use it as a BT headset. Apple has locked down the other features.

3. joshysquashy macrumors 6502a

Apple could add extra features in the future, and I believe they will. But for the moment there is nothing like that.

Eventually someone will make an app that handles file transfers I think, but that will require hacking the iPhone.

4. benfilan macrumors 6502

benfilan

i think thats the stupidest thing. say i' standing with a friend somewhere, and i've just showed them the most hilarious picture from last night on my iPhone.

"haha, thats hilarious! send it to my phone"

me: "uh, i cant."

"well picture message it to me"

me: "uh, i cant."
    :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

5. joshysquashy macrumors 6502a

or,

"send it to my phone"

me: I can email it to you, is that ok? (with 3rd party apps!)

"cool, then I can send it to all my friends for free, and keep it in my lovely iPhoto collection!"

Ok, ok, it was a bad move, but at least there is a solution!

6. zub3qin macrumors 65816

zub3qin

What possible money-making (cause there is no other reason for Apple lately) reason could Apple have to disable the bluetooth features on the iPhone?

7. ivi7 macrumors 6502a

ivi7

They will probably roll out some features with future updates so the iPhone is always in the limelight.

8. mdwsta4 macrumors 65816

them: email? no, send it to my phone. i don't have email on my phone.
    or
    them: 'i have email on my phone? how does that work?'

what normal non-business user has email set up on their phone? i can tell you it's a very slim margin. non-business users use SMS and MMS, they have no use for email on their phone.

not having MMS is absurd as is disabling BT capabilities of the phone. i like certain aspects of the iphone, but all these faults make it impossible to live with as my main phone. it was a great first attempt, but hopefully with V2 of the iphone apple will realize they're making phones, not ipods and see what every other manufacturer offers (BT, usable speakerphone, MMS, video, not breaking hacks, file transfer, copy/paste, editing parts of SMS messages, etc, etc).

9. MrT8064 macrumors 6502a

MrT8064

It really is daft not being able to bluetooth photos to friends... we both put our phone's bluetooth on, he found me and paired, by typing in 1111... i went to a photo, clicked on that little arrow... i was hoping to see 'bluetooth photo' but no, i had to email it... and his little samsung was clearly incapable of recieving emails, so he has to go home, find some cable in a draw, install some software just to get a silly photo on his phone... APPLE, YOU MUST TRY HARDER!!!

10. cdsuggs macrumors newbie

BT headset

I would like to pair my iPhone and MBP via bluetooth in such a way that the laptop acts as a bluetooth headset paired to the phone.

Phone rings, I accept the call, and use the mic and speakers on my MBP to converse (speaker phone style).

Is this possible?

Any tips or a link you can point me to would be much appreciated.

many thanks,
    chris