Bluetooth on MBP 10.5.5

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by The Past, Oct 24, 2008.

1. The Past macrumors 6502

Anyone losing keyboard connection every minute after X.5.5 update on MBP? This is driving me nuts and does not look like a hardware issue.

Searching led to me older issues on this, yet sorry of there is a thread already and I did not find it.

2. jazz1 macrumors 65816

jazz1

10.5.7 Issues with BT Too

I've got a late 2008 unibody. I'm using a BT Apple Mighty Mouse and BT Apple Keyboard. I probably lose the BT connection about four or five times a day, and wake-up from sleep sometimes fails to connect the MBP to these two devices.

I've re-paired the devices several times. The batteries are new or fresh.

One thing I've noticed is that Time Machine is active many of the times I lose BT to the keyboard and mouse. Coincidence?

Unless anyone has some ideas I guess it is Genius Bar Time. I know BT is flakey on almost everything I've every owned that has it. Nature of the beast?

3. Diadems macrumors newbie

I've got an old Core Duo Macbook and have the same issue. I went so far as to buy a USB bluetooth dongle as a replacement (cheaper than a wired keyboard). I haven't had an issue using the dongle, although I need to go through the entire 'setup a new device' every time I want to use my Apple bluetooth keyboard.

Not ideal, but better than it dropping mysteriously every 20-30 minutes of use.