bluetooth on my mac pro is useless

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by flappo, Jul 17, 2007.

1. flappo macrumors regular

it seems to be a known problem

http://www.mcelhearn.com/article.php?story=20060926112812529

i'm wondering how i can get the d-link dbt-120 to work at the same time as the built in bluetooth and basically replace it ?

the mouse is all over the place and i'm damned if i'm opening up my mac and voiding the warranty over something as trivial as this

anyone got any thoughts ?

it's odd how it worked fine on all the macs i've previously had , but on this supposed pro level mac it doesn't , not terribly impressed so far i must say

2. YoYoMa macrumors 6502

Switching the wires yourself is probably your best option. It's not as bad as you think and you won't void your warranty as there is nothing to disassemble. Just don't damage the motherboard or the wires when removing and installing them. Basically, be careful and don't force the connector.

I had this problem back in early september and am shocked to see that this problem still exists and that Apple still hasn't claimed responsibility for it. It's been an entire year and I personally witnessed three with this problem.

Anyone out there with a Mac Pro and bluetooth, try moving your mouse five to ten feet away from your computer. If it becomes practically unusable you also have this problem. Call Apple and complain, and then perform the fix outlined in the link above. Search google to find out where the wires are and how to connect them. It's not very difficult.

3. flappo thread starter macrumors regular

i found a way round it , bit of a cludge , but it's the best of both worlds

i connected the usb keybaord and mouse up via the usb long extension , then use the mouse connected to that and the bluetooth keyboard seperately

what a kerfuffle !

4. BiikeMike macrumors 65816

BiikeMike

My MP had the same Bluetooth problem, and I opened it up and switched the wires the first day I had it. It's a pisser that you have to do it, but it makes it work. I don't see how that can void the warranty...

5. Celeron macrumors 6502a

I never knew this existed. I tried moving the mighty mouse away about 8 feet, it jumped / skipped all over the place. I changed the wires around, now it works great and my airport signal is still strong as before.

Go figure.

Every once and a while I had problems with my wireless kbd, I figured it was just regular RF interference, maybe this will remedy that issue?

6. DoFoT9 macrumors P6

DoFoT9

yea unless u actually wreck something while uve taken apart the case there is no reason why the warranty would be voided.

7. BiikeMike macrumors 65816

BiikeMike

And unelss we spll and type lke you do, there is no rson to think that we would wreck something

:D

8. DoFoT9 macrumors P6

DoFoT9

oi cmon this is how i spell on the interwebz everyday!!!!! i can write in the full english thingo however i takes to long... im lazy.

9. flappo thread starter macrumors regular

since i don't really fancy delving into the innards of my mac

i thought i'd have a go at adding a usb bluetooth adaptor , for some reason it doesn't work , what could i be doing wrong ?

is there a problem with adding a usb bluetooth to a mac with it built in ??