Bluetooth on the 4S is night/day better than on iPhone 4.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by WilliamG, Oct 14, 2011.

1. WilliamG macrumors G3

Gone is the slight cracking I would experience with my Motorola H715, Motorola H720, and Jabra headsets on mine/my wife's iPhone 4. It also seems Apple learned from the iPhone 4 release software that Bluetooth working is important!

In any case, REALLY impressed with BT call quality on the 4S. It's not something I've seen talked about...

2. rockyroad55 macrumors 601

rockyroad55

If you look at the comparison on Apple, it says the 4S is using 3.0 vs 2.0 on the iPhone 4.

3. WilliamG thread starter macrumors G3

4S is using BT 4.0, but that wouldn't have any effect on call quality with our BT headsets we have now. However, the hardware changed, of course, so that might have had the desired effect on improving call quality.

4. testerdennis macrumors member

Sound is much improved but PISSED that AVRP1.3 is not supported can't get track or artist info on my car stereo..

5. tbayrgs macrumors 603

tbayrgs

Well iOS 5 has some level of AVRCP support in its BT stack as I am now able to get track/artist info in my car where I wasn't able to before when using iOS 4.3.5 (I'm using an iP4). Can also change tracks from my steering wheel controls--couldn't before.

6. outz macrumors 6502

did you have any luck getting contacts to xfer over in your car? i havent tried that with my 4s yet. i know the steering wheel still doesnt execute voice dial / siri (only my cars voice dialing... which sucks since it wasnt able to import contacts from my old 4.

7. jctevere macrumors 6502

I have also noticed an increase in Bluetooth streaming A2DP from my 3GS to my white iPhone 4. Haven't had time to get songs onto my iPhone 4S and check out if that has further improved.

8. testerdennis macrumors member

My phonebook works but track and artist no luck. I can forward and reverse songs on my head unit just no info for whats playing. BTW I have a new JVC double din head KW-AVX740 unit that supports AVRP 1.3

9. thelatinist macrumors 603

thelatinist

I am just glad they finally implemented skip/repeat from AVRCP 1.0!

10. tbayrgs macrumors 603

tbayrgs

I transferred my contacts over to my car 2 years ago with my 3GS so I'm guessing I wouldn't have any problems now. Now that you mention it, it might be a good idea to wipe it clean and do it again as I'm sure my contacts list has changed a bit. :D

11. Dangerous Theory macrumors 68000

What's the battery consumption like? Bluetooth seems to get drunk on iPhone 4 battery.