Bluetooth on the Blink?

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by KiraDouji, Sep 13, 2007.

1. KiraDouji macrumors member

KiraDouji

I just recently received my new MacBook Pro and it is sweet. :cool: I love this thing, and thus decided to splurge on a nice mouse for it. I decided to take advantage of bluetooth's lack of dongles (annoying buggers) and bought the Targus Rechargeable Bluetooth® Laser Mouse.

The first time I set it up, I turned the laptop on, opened bluetooth and told it to look for a mouse, then I turned the mouse on and synced it with the laptop, and it worked for an hour until I had to turn it off and put it away. I powered down the laptop and ate lunch. I came back from lunch, turned on the laptop, turned on the mouse, waited for the OS to load and... nothing. The mouse wouldn't connect. After turning the thing off and on an few times and attempting to send it a file (just to get the mbp to look for it), it finally syncs again... for all of 5 minutes. :(

Now I can't get it to work at all! Someone please help me :( What am I don't wrong? All the reviews said this worked fine with mbp's bluetooth! :confused:

- Kira

2. KiraDouji thread starter macrumors member

KiraDouji

3. Dimwhit macrumors 68000

Dimwhit

Did you set it up as a 'favorite' in the Bluetooth prefs?

4. KiraDouji thread starter macrumors member

KiraDouji

Yes, I labeled it a favorite. Should I change that?

-Kira

5. Dimwhit macrumors 68000

Dimwhit

No, it definitely needs to be a favorite.

You might try deleting it completely, then setting it up as a new bluetooth device. I've had to do that with my Mighty Mouse.

6. KiraDouji thread starter macrumors member

KiraDouji

I re-paired the mouse like you said and it seems to be working. I'm tempted to keep it un-favorited to see if it keeps working this time. What do you think?

- Kira

7. Dimwhit macrumors 68000

Dimwhit

Just play it by ear. If it's working right now un-paired, no sense in messing with it. All that means (I think) is that if the connection is broken (like you turn the mouse off) it won't automatically pair back up. Or maybe it will. Haven't messed with it too much lately.

8. sbluetruck macrumors regular

sbluetruck

i think it is the same as wireless networks in regards to automatically connecting. if the it is not favorited in the list for a wireless network, the computer will not automatically connect to the network.

try creating another profile as to not mess up the "good" one and place the new one in the favorites list and give it a go.

looks like a great mouse btw, how's it feel?