Bluetooth on the iPod

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by davidy, May 9, 2008.

1. davidy macrumors 6502

davidy

I've been raked over the coals regarding my statement that I have Bluetooth capabilities on my iPod touch. A few negative posters have insisted that it's impossible since there's no bluetooth transmitter in the touch*. The key word here is "IN".

I'm mildly surprised that the attackers didn't bother to simply ask how I was able to make the claim I did. Anyway, by combining a VOIP application with a simple A2DB plug-in transmitter, modified to include a microphone, I do indeed have bluetooth phone capabilities. Also stereo connection to various bluetooth enabled radios and speaker systems.

I don't intend to replace my crappy old cell phone; I just wanted to see if it was possible.

That's okay. What?... Oh, I thought i heard somebody apologizing.

*There is some thought that the bluetooth chip is indeed part of the iPod touch's chipset and that Apple wanted to wait until they developed several bluetooth-capable devices to sell before unlocking the bluetooth. We'll see.

2. eg2007 macrumors 6502

3. AceFernalld macrumors 65816

AceFernalld

I really, really hope theirs bluetooth in my iPod that will be unlocked in 2.0 :) I'd so go buy a Motorola ROKR S9 and use it. Luckily it hasn't been confirmed nor denied, sneaky sneaky Apple!

4. Krafty macrumors 601

Krafty

*crickets chirping*

Well, I'm not hearing anything...

5. Arisian macrumors 68000

Arisian

... did this really require a new thread post?