Bluetooth on the watch is constantly searching?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by betabeta, May 22, 2015.

1. betabeta macrumors 6502a

Bluetooth on the watch under settings is constantly searching, it's clearly connected and on the iPhone it shows connected but spinning and searching on watch.

Anyone else?

2. Julien macrumors G3

Julien

It is only searching if you click on it in Settings. It thinks you are wanting to pair a device (like headphones or HR strap) when you do this and is looking for it. Why are you clicking on it if you don't have a device to pair?

3. sailermon macrumors member

I believe it is searching on the watch when you open Bluetooth because it expects to find another device. Once you close Bluetooth, it will stop searching.

The watch shows whether you are connected to the iPhone under glances.

4. macduke macrumors 604

macduke

Does the same thing on the iPhone when you open bluetooth settings. This is intended, otherwise there's no point in visiting the bluetooth settings ever.

5. betabeta thread starter macrumors 6502a

Well that's good, just thought I remembered seeing iPhone under devices on the watch, I knew under health devices it said searching. Good to know, thanks.

When I open Bluetooth under my devices on iPhone it does show Apple watch. So I figured it showed iPhone under devices on the watch, guess not, thanks.