Bluetooth pairing iPhone to an iPod Touch?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by DuckSoup, Apr 5, 2010.

1. DuckSoup macrumors 6502a

DuckSoup

Did a search but could not find anything on this particular topic.

I was always under the impression you could pair an iPhone with a bluetooth enabled Touch. Am I wrong in this? Thought it was a possibility for some games. Or is it the commercials you see with two deices playing games with each other are hooked up via wi-fi?

I tried by turning on bluetooth on both my iPhone and my 2nd Gen Touch, but they did not discover the other.

Mike :confused:

2. FormulaOneMan macrumors newbie

Having the same issue. Can't believe there's not more out there. What am I missing here. Should be so simple...

3. SpaceKitty macrumors 68040

SpaceKitty

Can't be done and the iPhone/Touch can't pair up with any other phone either. They also can't pair up with your Mac for file transfers. Only things they can pair up with are headsets, handsfree car kits and some GPS units that have bluetooth to make calls.

4. tadad1 macrumors 6502a

tadad1

To the best of my knowledge you can with games that are installed on both devices and support bluetooth connectivity for local multiplayer like Trenches, Touch Hockey, Flight Control, Modern Combat: Sandstorm to name a few. The set up and pairing takes place within the game and not through the devices Settings.

5. bsblvnv macrumors regular

There are alsoma couple games that work over wifi like monopoly. Where upnto four players join the same wifi network and can play but this as well is all done in the game there is no setting to change it.

6. DuckSoup thread starter macrumors 6502a

DuckSoup

OK, thanks!

Since posting the OQ, as far as I have found I have just one game that will pair with another device via bluetooth within the game (Battleship). I have Scrabble too but that only pairs via wi-fi (which stinks, why not have bluetooth also so one does not have to rely upon wi-fi and can connect ANYWHERE with bluetooth)

Thanks for ALL replies :)

Mike

7. CrazyCleave macrumors newbie

iPad / iPhone Bluetooth Pairing

I have bluetooth tethering on my iPhone. It works great with my iPod touch and Macbook but the two devices can not see each other in the Bluetooth settings (not within apps like Monopoly). Many people in this forum have stated that they have got it to work, including the Internet tethering, but no one has posted *how* they got it to work.

If anyone figures it out, please come back and share your proceedure! :)

CC