Bluetooth Pairing Trouble

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by imagz, Jul 10, 2010.

1. imagz macrumors newbie

Hi,

I am new to the forums and was hoping someone might be able to help me.

I have an iPhone 3GS running OS4. I recently purchased a Billionton bluetooth audio receiver that is supposed to connect with the iPhone through bluetooth and has RCA line-level outputs to connect into my stereo. The idea was to be able to listen to music on my iPhone wirelessly through my home stereo.

I cannot get the iPhone to "discover" or find the bluetooth receiver. I have connected wireless headsets to my iPhone in the past and all I have had to do was put the device in pairing mode and the iPhone would automatically find it once I entered the bluetooth menu on the iPhone. I tried my wife's Blackberry and it seemed to be able to pair and connect to the receiver without problem.

The receiver is a Bluetooth v1.2 compliant, Class 1 Radio. It supports A2DP. The model of the receiver is a Billionton GMHSBTAR.

Any thoughts as to what is going wrong or what I can do to get it paired? Thanks in advance for any help or insight you can provide.

2. CSMchris376 macrumors regular

Company Website

I looked up the receiver you describe via Google and found the company website. Here is a link.

http://www.billionton.cn/website/product/index.asp?sid=104507982&code=GMHSBTAR

According to what I can read about it, it states that it is a bluetooth transmitter, connectes to your stereo and you can listen to music on bluetooth headsets. It does not appear that it receives bluetooth music from the iPod portion of your iPhone and lets you listen to it through the stereo. As a matter of fact, I cannot find a single hit on the company website referencing the iPhone at all. I don't believe from what I've read that it will do what you are wanting it to do.

3. imagz thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for responding. Despite the wording of the description from the company website, the bluetooth receiver should be able to do what I was hoping.

I am able to pair the receiver to my laptop (with bluetooth) and stream music from my laptop to my stereo and listen over the stereo speakers.

I should be able to get my iPhone to connect in the same manner to the bluetooth receiver, but when I go into the bluetooth screen on my iPhone, it never finds the bluetooth receiver so I can cause the 2 to pair.

Any thoughts?

4. imagz thread starter macrumors newbie

Any thoughts are appreciated on this one. I am still not quite sure what to do to resolve this issue.

Thanks.

5. HairyOne25 macrumors newbie

Bluetooth blues

I've also updated my iPhone 3G to iOS4 recently, and now the pairing with my Bluetooth (genuine Volvo kit) doesn't work anymore.

I have tried and tried again, but no go. iPhone sees the Volvo, but the Volvo cannot see iPhone.

Please help?!