Bluetooth Pairing with Car Kit - Help!!!

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by chimpboy74, Nov 16, 2007.

1. chimpboy74 macrumors 6502a

chimpboy74

Hi There
    I have just got my iphone and as I drive a lot through my work I want to pair it with my cars bluetyooth cart kit.

I have a peugeot 407 with one of those inbuilt carkits that you can control via the car controls and it displays your phonebook on the car display.

when I tried to pair my new iphone with this kit the iphone says 'could not pair with "407"' and the car kit display reads Pairing conditions not met. I have been through the instructions for the car kit and cant see that i am doing anything wrong (I have 3 other phones paired and it allows 4).

Can anyone advise why i cant pair. I am aware that the iphone cant do file transfer through bluetooth and I was wondering if this was related as the car kit reads the phone book of the phone.

I hope someone can help

2. jackosx macrumors member

Not many in car kits work with the iPhone, the only ones I have heard of working with the iPhone are the Parrot in car kits they are always getting software updates, I doubt your built in one will ever be able to work with iPhone.

3. chimpboy74 thread starter macrumors 6502a

chimpboy74

Thanks,
    thats a bit dissappointing as it was one of the reasons I loved my old razr.

Can anyone recommend a good bluetooth headset? I once had a nokia one which was supposed tobe good but I couldnt hear it above the road noise!!