Bluetooth Power Cycle Test Failed

Discussion in 'iMac' started by Stigmater, Sep 4, 2012.

1. Stigmater macrumors newbie

I have a problem and i don't sure what to do with it,
    I got this error after running “Apple Service Diagnostic” (ASD 3S145)

The error point on Bluetooth problem and that’s the only test that FAILED from a bunch of tests from diagnostic.

[​IMG]

Here the error part of the log:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

\cf0 [09/03/12 14:24:01] Bluetooth (test #4) - Bluetooth Power Cycle Test\

- Verifies USB interface between host and Bluetooth module after performing a Bluetooth power cycle.\

\cf3 [14:25:14] ERROR - -22008 [Error setting bluetooth power.] -- TEST FAILED\

[09/03/12 14:25:14] * TESTING FAILED [Elapsed time = 00:01:15] *\

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please advise what to do with it, for now i didn't noticed that it effect on something during the work , i had some disconnection issues with the Magic mouse, but after placing folded piece of paper in the buttery lot the problem has solved. (known issue )
    To be honest i don't want to take my iMac to local apple reseller store, leave it there and sit for a couple of days with out a computer.

Please tell me what you think about the issue and if some one willing to reproduce the test ill be more the happy to provide the installation files.

My configuration: iMac 21.5 | Mid 2011| 2.5Ghz i5 CPU | 16GB Ram | OSX 10.8

2. williamjacobs macrumors newbie

Bluetooth ASD Apple Service Diagnostic Failure

An Apple certified Hardware Repair contractor suggested connecting wired peripherals, powering off any connected Bluetooth devices, and re-running the test.

3. mjsidebottom macrumors newbie

I have the same problem.

I was getting Kernel Panics and could not trace the fault until I ran 3S145.
    I then remembered that each time I got the Kernel Panic I had just used my either my wireless keyboard or track pad. I had also had problems integrating a wireless numeric keypad from LMP.

The fault is still appearing in the diagnostic 3S145 when I use a wired keyboard and mouse.
    I will contact Apple.

Michael

1Mac 3.4GHz 8GB SSD

4. Stigmater thread starter macrumors newbie

Ok, so from Apple Service Diagnostic tool i tried connecting wired non apple mouse and i powered off the BT Apple keyboard and mouse.
    Same ERROR, nothing changed (ran it twice to be shure) .

Antil now i didnt noticed any problems in my day to day work with Mac so all that ERROR BT thing still remain a mistery to me.

5. seoexpert947 macrumors newbie

An Apple certified Hardware Repair contractor suggested connecting wired peripherals, powering off any connected Bluetooth devices, and re-running the test.