Bluetooth PreferencePane

Discussion in 'PowerPC Macs' started by PGotHimselfA40, Jul 22, 2010.

1. PGotHimselfA40 macrumors newbie

Would someone be able to attach their bluetooth preference pane on here for me? I accidentally deleted it and I really need it. I actually deleted everything else critical to allowing bluetooth to work, but just the prefpane is all I ask.

2. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

How did you delete the Bluetooth Preference pane? I didn't find a preference pane in Macintosh HD / Library / PreferencePanes or Macintosh HD / Users / YOU / Library / PreferencePanes.

Btw, what exact Mac OS X version do you have, even though I think you might have Snow Leopard, which even allows you a re-installation without losing any of your data.

3. PGotHimselfA40 thread starter macrumors newbie

ahh im still running 10.4.11. not sure how many people will be able to provide that preference pane on tiger

4. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

How did you remove that pane? It seems you may have to do an Archive and Install to get it back if you can't get it any other way.

5. PGotHimselfA40 thread starter macrumors newbie

could you explain how to do that? ive tried reinstalling bluetooth but it says i have the newest version already installed, even after i thoroughly went through my files and deleted files associated with bluetooth.

6. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

It matters, especially if you use a PPC binary of Mac OS X.

Mac OS X 10.4.x has another Bluetooth Preference pane than Mac OS X 10.3 or 10.5.

7. PGotHimselfA40 thread starter macrumors newbie

Well, I've managed to get the preference pane by extracting it from a pkg. All I need is Bluetooth File Exchange.app, in utilities I'm assuming (can't remember).

8. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

If you have your Restore DVD, try Pacifist, it does work, even though it is Shareware.

9. PGotHimselfA40 thread starter macrumors newbie

That's how I recovered the prefpane, but I was't able to extract the app because its icon was the "A" made of a pencil which usually means the app is broken or something

10. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

It doesn't mean it is broken, just that it was never run before. The icon appears after you execute the application the first time.

11. PGotHimselfA40 thread starter macrumors newbie

Ohh, thank you for clarifying that for me. I just assumed that it was broken because everytime I tried to run it, there would be a problem, but my problem is solved now. Thank you for replying & for your help.