Bluetooth Printer

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by LoisCroft, Feb 8, 2008.

1. LoisCroft macrumors newbie

I need to install some software to fix my printer (Epson R220). I put in the CD and can see the .exe file.
    I click on the file and the computer keeps telling me it needs to find bluetooth devices. It can't find any.
    Anybody have an idea where to go from here?
    Thanks

2. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

.exe file??? What kind of computer are you using? What operating system does it run?

3. LoisCroft thread starter macrumors newbie

4. Batt macrumors 65816

Batt

Go to epson.com and get the right software.You've got Windows stuff. Or, maybe, scroll around the CD window a bit and look for the Mac software.

5. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

Yes, I think you have the wrong software also. Mac installation files don't have a .exe ending... Most of the time they don't have any ending.

You are sure your Mac has a Bluetooth radio, right?

6. LoisCroft thread starter macrumors newbie

Well, it keeps looking for bluetooth devices. One time it found my cell phone, but I don't think the printer is bluetooth. It is connected with a USB cable. I had someone look at it one time and he turned the bluetooth off because he saw that I wasn't using it. This software said I had to turn it back on or it wouldn't work.

7. Batt macrumors 65816

Batt

Drag the resizer in the CD install window out and make it bigger. Look for the Mac files. Scroll if necessary. My guess is the Mac software is on the CD, you're just not seeing it. You're trying to open the Windows version of the Bluetooth printing setup.

8. Jason S. macrumors 6502a

9. LoisCroft thread starter macrumors newbie

I did drag the resizer, the only file there is sscserve4.3.exe.
    I guess they did send the wrong software. The software came from inkproducts.com as I have large bottles of ink that feed into the printer. Apparently the ink waste needs to be emptied, but this software was supposed to go in before I drained this ink out. It's a great system, for a little over $100. I got enough ink to print thousands of copies and I still have a lot left over. Sure beats the price of cartridges - at least until this happens.
    Thanks for all your help!

10. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

Please try downloading the Mac drivers from the Epson website Jason linked and see where that gets you....

11. Batt macrumors 65816

Batt

Yes, do the download. I hope the printer doesn't need the waste PADS replaced. It's not a user-replacable part. It's what ultimately killed my RX500.

12. Anonymous Freak macrumors 601

Anonymous Freak

It sounds like the original poster has a third-party 'ink tank' product that requires a hack to allow the Epson drivers to work with their hardware. The hack is Windows-only, though.

Either it will "just work" with the built-in OS X drivers, or else you might be out of luck, in that the ink tank product 'breaks' the printer in some way that requires their software to fix. Only their software isn't Mac compatible.

You want to contact the ink tank manufacturer (inkproducts.com) to see how to make it work with OS X.

13. LoisCroft thread starter macrumors newbie

That seems to be the consensus here. I think I'll attach the printer to the Windows computer and see if I can do it there, then move it back to the MAC. Thanks for your help.