Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Colin Len

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 7, 2011
I recently purchased this Bluetooth audio receiver with the intention of using it to play audio from my ipad/iPhone thru the stereo in my garage - and if the results were good I was going to get one for the car too. My problem is that I cannot get it to pair with either of my devices. I keep getting this warning:

I tried multiple times, powered the receiver off a couple times, made sure it was fully charged... I'm familiar with how to pair things, so I don't think its a user error situation. And I was easily and quickly able to pair my gf's android phone on the first attempt. I also just managed to pair it to my iMac, however it quickly changes from paired and connected to paired and disconnected - I'm not 100% sure what that means. Possibly it just means means its idle, I didn't try playing music thru the receiver from my iMac because I didn't have an aux cable or stereo handy in the room with the computer.

Any help on getting this paired w my iOS devices would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

robntarn

macrumors newbie
Jan 4, 2014
Australia
iPhone / iPod pairing

Also having the same problem attempting to pair to a brand new, out-of-the-box, Veho 360bt Bluetooth speaker. Have tried iPhone4 ios6.1.3, iPhone4s ios 7.0.4, 4 Month old iPod Nano Model PD477ZP, & iPhone5 6.0.2.

All detect the device and its name is displayed in bold black letters.
From that, I feel the Bluetooth on the device is working.

iPhones say it is taking too long, the iPod just say to check the device is turned on & in range.

Have tried numerous off/on reset combinations. Problem is always the same.

All similar stories and suggestions welcome.

Mrbobb

macrumors 603
Aug 27, 2012
OK, did you read the instructions?

Typically you put the receiver in pairing mode, then on you phone, within a limited amount of time, you must enter a password, many times it's 0000. This is a once-off operation.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.