bluetooth problem with iphone

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by omie, Nov 2, 2007.

1. omie macrumors newbie

hi everyone,

my problem;

iphone: turned on bluetooth, discovering
    ibook: turned on bluetooth, discovering

through my ibook i can 'pair' my ibook with iphone

BUT i get an error after i pair the two up that my 'device does have support any of the services'

any advice?

should the iphone bluetooth work with my ibook or does iphone bluetooth work ONLY with bluetooth headsets

2. jarenado macrumors regular

jarenado

dont quote or anything but Im pretty sure bluetooth on the iphone is only for headsets and cars and things like that. I know for sure the only way to sync anything from computer to phone is through iTunes. Cant wait till you can though, that will be sweet when there are wires needed.

3. calvy macrumors 65816

Feel free to quote me. You don't get any more than that from the bluetooth connection, so you might as well stop now. You can only use handsfree sets with the bluetooth connection currently. Maybe some day we'll see some more functionality out of it.

4. omie thread starter macrumors newbie

thank you both for your reply. you have given me some piece of mind.

5. Domakinot macrumors newbie

Now you can use your iphone for bluetooth file transfer but you need a application called ibluetooth....and as you guess its not free of charge...you must pay 4$ to use it. So if you feel like paying then....enyoj :D