Bluetooth problem...

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Brewerpaul, Apr 22, 2011.

1. Brewerpaul macrumors regular

Lately my car's Bluetooth and my iPhone don't like each other...
    Before I got the iPhone, I used my iPod Touch in the car to listen to music, podcasts, audiobooks, etc via the earphone jack of the Touch.
    When I got my iPhone about a month ago I did the same, plus I paired the phone to the car Bluetooth for hands free calling. All worked fine for a week or two. Then, I started getting incidences of the phone not automatically connecting when I got in the car. Re-pairing did not help-- I had to turn the phone off and restart it. This has happened several times in the past 2 weeks with no apparent pattern.

Audio books are now giving me a problem.. each time I start to listen, I get no output from the headphone jack. A little icon appears next to the volume slider on the phone, and clicking on that opens a dialogue box where I can select output to Bluetooth or the headphone jack-- Bluetooth is selected by default, but I'd like to keep the headphone jack as default.

Any ideas how to work around these problems?

2. eljanitor macrumors 6502

eljanitor

I cant get an iPhone 4 with the updated iOS 4.2.8 to connect to anything. It wont pair in a car, it wont recognize the bluetooth headset, and it wont pair with any Mac computer. The thing is this is the second one in a row that's doing this. The bluetooth in the car, headset, and computers work just fine otherwise, They just don't want to pair with the iPhone4. :confused: