Bluetooth problem

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by zjazz, Jun 13, 2011.

1. zjazz macrumors 6502

I have annoying thing happening with my bluetooth on my new macbook pro. After sleep a lot of times bluetooth doesn't want to turn on. I'm clicking on it to turn it on and nothing happens. Only after restart the computer everything works as it should. Does anyone know if there is anything I can do to prevent bluetooth shutting off after sleep?

2. deadwulfe macrumors 6502a

deadwulfe

Try resetting your Mac's PRAM and NVRAM. I had a similar issue with the 2010 MBP, where the bluetooth wouldn't turn on at all, even after restarting. Reseting the PRAM helped in my case.

3. zjazz thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks! I'll try to do it and will see if that helps.

4. zjazz thread starter macrumors 6502

So far so good. After resetting it didn't have bluetooth problem so far...
    THANKS!:)

5. zjazz thread starter macrumors 6502

OK. Now I have same problem again but only on Lion. PRAM reset helped and cured this problem in SL, but not in Lion and my bluetooth mouse is not connecting after sleep. I have to turn off blue tooth, then turn it on again, and only after that it connects to my mouse. Very annoying. Any suggestions what else I can do?

6. zjazz thread starter macrumors 6502

Found a work around.
    In Bluetooth preferences go to advanced and enable bluetooth devices to wake up the computer. This way after sleep bluetooth works fine. Not too happy about this workaround as it accidentally may wake up my computer when i don't want it, but can deal with it until apple will fix this bug. it's too annoying after wake up to turn off and turn on bluetooth each and every time in order to mouse work...hope it helps to those who have same problem with their bluetooth mouse.

7. Soulflower macrumors regular

Soulflower

I'm having this problem lately, not on my MBP but on my iMac. I didn't have it right after I installed Lion but now I do. When my iMac goes to sleep, the only way to wake it is by pressing the power button on the back.

There's no way to turn the bluetooth on and off again since my mouse and my keyboard are both wifi.

The only thing to do is hold the power button and restart the entire computer. Very annoying. Is anyone else having this problem?