Bluetooth problem

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by ndwgolf, Mar 20, 2009.

1. ndwgolf macrumors regular

I have just returned from offshore and upgraded 9 items in cynda but now I cannot use bluetooth
    Any iideas?????

2. Geniusdog254 macrumors regular

I think if you are clearer people, including myself, will be happy to help. What OS version are you on? What did you update? Are you even talking about iBluetooth or just a bluetooth headset for calls?

3. ndwgolf thread starter macrumors regular

You are correct, I didnt give you very much info, OK so here we go, I connect my iPhone to my car hands free system via my iPhone bluetooth, I just came back from working on a oil rig for 2 weeks and cydia had 9 upgrades that I upgraded and they were iblacklist, mcleaner, swirley mms, swirly mms langpack, winterboard, xgps, customize, and I cant remember the last 2.
    When I got home i got in my car and tried to use my car phone but it told me I was not connected, so I went into my iPhone and went to settings, general bluetooth and bluetooth was off so I switched it to on and all I got was the spinning hourglass and it still wont switch on, I deleted sp settings incase that was what caused it but it still wont work.
    Any help will be much appreciated as I really dont want to do a restore??

4. Geniusdog254 macrumors regular

Hmmm. I don't really know, maybe google around to see if any of those updates are known to cause problems. Nothing that I can think of there would cause a problem :confused:. I know there have been some known problems with some car bluetooth systems though. Sorry I couldn't be more help :(.

5. ndwgolf thread starter macrumors regular

No idea why but this morning when I woke up my bluetooth was on.......stupid phone?

6. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

The War Department's 3G iPhone on FW 2.2.1 has lost connection to her BT and I'm going to sync and check for any updates to BT connectivity. I've connected with her BT headset to my 3G iPhone and everything is fine, so I'm lead to believe that it's her iPhone. I'll Keep everyone posted.........:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

7. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

UPDATE: Just short of taking the iPhone back to the Apple Store, since AppleCare couldn't figure out what was wrong; I did a sync, hardboot, and finally got the BT to pair up with the iPhone after about one hour with AppleCare Support (kinda' sounds like an oxymoron to me), but AppleCare was no help, so I asked them if I could get a refund on my AppleCare since it's apparent that they have no idea what they're doing when it comes to iPhone troubleshooting. lol They apologized and said they've had several calls regarding BT connectivity losses and recommended to "keep trying" since there is no known problem nor is there a fix. OK, if I'm on the phone with you and "complaining" about a problem, then I would think "there is a known problem" by myself and the many others that have called in with this same situation! Gawd, I felt like hanging up, but just waited it out, and actually fixed the situation by repeating the sync, and hardboot. I can see why they don't call AppleCare Support "Genius'" or anything close to that, it seems that every time I call them with a problem, they act like my situation is the only one they've ever heard about until their Mickey Mouse across the board FIXES don't work.... I'm exhausted from dealing with ACS :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad: