Bluetooth problem

Discussion in 'macOS' started by ladyhrvy, Jan 30, 2010.

1. ladyhrvy macrumors member

Have Microsoft Intellipoint mouse for use w/MacBook - 10.4.11 OS X. Bluetooth setup is not seeing it. Mouse is version 6.21. Mouse works but cannot be programmed. Any help for this ?? TIA

Marie

2. ScoobyMcDoo macrumors 65816

Does that mouse have a button or something on the bottom? The BT mouse I have has a red button that makes it discoverable.

3. ladyhrvy thread starter macrumors member

Bluetooth prob

Yes, and I've pressed it and tried it 2 ways - cant tell which is on because it is not discoverable in either mode. BT sees my keyboard just fine.

4. ScoobyMcDoo macrumors 65816

So what all have you tried to get this mouse working? I did a google search and see that there is software available for getting this mouse to work under OS X.

5. ladyhrvy thread starter macrumors member

Bluetooth prob

A cd of 7.1 for Mac came with it but would not open, then ejected. I d/l version 7.1 for the Mac from the web - installer apparently worked because I saw the Uninstaller. However, the Mac still does not see the MS mouse in Bluetooth. Using the mouse without bells and whistles and it works for basic work. I can get along without all the buttons but I expect things to work as advertised -- this time it did not. Microsoft :-(((