Bluetooth problems with new Macbook Pro - anybody else?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by macbook123, Dec 8, 2008.

1. macbook123 macrumors 68000

This has been driving me nuts. Every time I try to "discover" my new MBP with the Apple bluetooth keyboard, to wake the laptop up from sleep, it fails and I have to go through the process of setting up a bluetooth device. However the pairing takes forever, sometimes doesn't work at all, and I have to type in a new pairing code each time. The whole process takes between 3 and 20 minutes, depending on how quickly the MBP can find the keyboard. I have the same problem with both Apple wireless keyboards at work and home, so it's not the keyboard.

Anybody else have this problem?

2. cognitivefun macrumors newbie

I have crashes when running a Bluetooth device at odd times. The audio continues but the system locks up and requires a reboot. Happened last night when I had Preferences open. Happened a few days ago.

In general, Bluetooth causes certain odd stability problems for me. I am on a brand new MBP.

3. Kaupa macrumors regular

I have also problems with my bluetooth Apple keyboard, but i have the early 08 machine...

4. mcrisanti macrumors newbie

I have this exact same problem

No idea what to do. My bluetooth is completely flaked out. It is basically useless. MacBook Aluminum, not the Pro.

Anyone find any answers?

5. Tijnus macrumors newbie

Alu. MacBook Pro 13" same troubles..

I have a 2.25Ghz 13" MBP model and since getting the Alu. Wireless Keyboard up and running (+/- 2 weeks now) I have the intermittent "Beach Ball of Death" appearing for anything between 5 to 10 seconds and then, thereafter, things continue as if nothing has happened.

I have noticed that this seems to localize a problem to the foreground app as when I move the cursor to another window then things go alright in other apps.

This doesn't make much sense to me. Seems to be a bug that Apple will probably attend to (/me hopes !)

PS: it's not happening on one particular app each time.