Bluetooth Problems...

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by BiikeMike, Feb 23, 2009.

1. BiikeMike macrumors 65816

BiikeMike

Hello,

I have had my Mac Pro for a few years now, and I rewired the bluetooth module when I first got it. I then had Airport installed about 3 months ago, and had to rewire it again because the "geniuses" at Apple didn't know the wires were labeled incorrectly. I just moved my computer downstairs and my Apple Bluetooth keyboard is not working correctly. It lags, repeats letters, etc. Upstairs on one desk, it worked fine. Down here, on a different desk, It's acting up. My keyboard is on the left middle of the desk, and the computer is on the floor on the right side. Total distance is less than three feet, with a file drawer inbetween. It works if I put it in my lap, but not on the desk.

I just opened it up to check the wires again, and they are tight, and right.

Any ideas?

2. bozz2006 macrumors 68030

bozz2006

I suspected the "miswire" issue when i read your title, but you've got that covered. were the mouse and computer closer in proximity to one another upstairs? I know that the aluminum casing causes poor antenna reception. have you tried simply putting your computer on the left side of your desk closer to your mouse? i understand that may not be the ideal setup, but it will at least help in trouble-shooting your problem. it could be that simple, as even with the module wired up correctly, the mac pro's bluetooth reception is very very poor.