Bluetooth quality varies between apps

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by clintow, Mar 21, 2017.

1. clintow macrumors newbie

clintow

I've been googling this for a few days to no avail. I hope someone here has some input!

Playing music from apples music app has quality high enough for me to enjoy it. Obviously it has limitations but overall it's a nice option to have. However, some apps have seriously degraded sound quality over Bluetooth and I can't figure out why. Apples own voice memos app sounds GOD AWFUL over Bluetooth but if I load the exact same file into another audio app (Hokusai), it sounds great. I'm a musician, and I play drones from a tuner app for intonation practice. Using my favorite tuner app over Bluetooth, the drones sound awful, almost unusable, plus the app slows down so much it's difficult to use. But some games, which presumably use a similar amount of processor power, will work fine with Bluetooth audio and not lag.

Is this just an app optimization problem? And if so, why is apples own voice memos app so bad? Or is there something in settings I overlooked? I would deeply appreciate any help with this anyone could provide! Part of the reason I bought the Bluetooth headphones in the first place was to use my tuner app and not be tied to my phone or iPad, but it's unusable like this. Phone is 6s plus, iPad is first gen air, problem is same on both.

2. nickchallis92 macrumors 6502a

nickchallis92

If you're into music, i really don't think the iPhone's relatively basic Bluetooth capabilities are for you