Bluetooth question (controlling Mac using Bluetooth)

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by al82, Aug 24, 2008.

1. al82 macrumors regular

Just had a quick bluetooth question i cant find answered anywhere.

I currently have a sony ericsson k810i and one of the main thing i love is during presentations connecting my mobile to my Macbook via bluetooth and changing slides during a power point presentation using my mobile whilst walking around the room.

I read about the limited bluetooth functions of the phone, but was wondering if i can control the pointer (of the mouse) using the iphone bluetooth?

(also i dont know if anyone would know this, but if you have a mobileme account, when you take a photo using the iphone can you accesses the photo using mobileme from another computer?)

2. robbieduncan Moderator emeritus

robbieduncan

No. You can only use the Bluetooth for headsets.

3. RexTraverse macrumors 6502

Not with Bluetooth, but there is a jailbreak app caled Touchpad that will do exactly what you need. You can use the iPhone screen as a trackpad, you can tap, two-finger tap, use the keyboard, everything from your iPhone.

However, I haven't used it on a 3G iPhone or since 1.1.4, so I don't know if it still works with 2.0

4. al82 thread starter macrumors regular

That's a bit annoying, you can do more with a Sony phone and a Apple Mac than a Apple phone and a Apple Mac.

That is the only feature i will REALLY miss.

Looks like i can move out of arms reach from where my laptop is during presentations.

5. TuffLuffJimmy macrumors G3

TuffLuffJimmy

You can use a VNC client from the app store to do what you want. There are free ones, but I recommend Teleport. I think it's like $30, but it's a great VNC client and can be used over the edge, 3G, and wifi even if it's not the same network as the computer being used.

As for your photo question, yes you can look at photos from your phone on a computer using mobile me.

What I would do is make an album on your computer that you publish to mobileme, through iPhoto or Aperture. Just put one photo in the album. Allow for users to add photos from email to the album. What you can do now is find the photo you want to share with the computer and upload it to the album you made (you can then delete the photo you have made) Now that photo will automatically download to the computer that you published the album from. You can also view the album through your web browser.

**note to upload a photo to an album you have to first navigate to that album from your iPhone using Safari.

6. al82 thread starter macrumors regular

7. philgilder macrumors 68000

regarding the mobileme question, no its not possible
    however, you can email the photo to your mobileme account, and then access it

8. TuffLuffJimmy macrumors G3

TuffLuffJimmy

Sorry, bud. But I already described a way to make it possible. Try reading the thread next time.