bluetooth question..when do u use it??

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by daysgoby, Mar 19, 2008.

1. daysgoby macrumors newbie

hey guys
    as u guys know there is bluetooth feature on mbp.. ever since i got my 2.5 penryn i turned it off and never used it so i was wondering when do u guys use that feature?? only bluetooth device i have is sony cell phone and ear piece for the phone. any other tools out there that i can play around with??

2. PowerBookRelic macrumors 6502

I love the Apple BT mouse and keyboard. They provide wireless without the need for an IR sensor like the older style wireless devices. Also, I update my 755p using BT, but only do that when I am with my laptop out of my house and need to update/sync, otherwise I use the sync cable.

3. basesloaded190 macrumors 68030

basesloaded190

i also used my bt for a bt mighty mouse. i also send music and photos to and from my phone, which is quite convenient

4. daysgoby thread starter macrumors newbie

huh.. i always hated the mighty mouse for functionality ever since i tried it on my gf's imac but that does seem like a good idea to have bt mouse so no worry 'bout hogging up the usb port..
    can i send files through bt to another computer that's got bt feature?? cuz that might be pretty useful to me.

5. PowerBookRelic macrumors 6502

I was with my friend when he tried transferring files that way, between two computers, it works, but was terribly slow.

6. lazydesi macrumors 6502

i use bluetooth for mighty mice & to connect my nokia N70

7. Ryox macrumors 6502a

Ryox

I use it to transfer files between computers and I also use my wireless MM when at the desk.
    The file transferring is useful but very slow, its good for small files but nothing too big