Bluetooth question

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by Buckeyestar, May 29, 2015.

1. Buckeyestar macrumors 6502a

Buckeyestar

I was ordering how Bluetooth phone calls are handled while driving. I have my phone paired to my car for phone calls and music playback. But if I also have my phone paired a watch, does the call come in on the watch or the car?

2. SpEe1113 macrumors regular

SpEe1113

I think it depends on how you answer or initiate the call...I don't think it would make much sense to use the watch in this situation, especially since the speaker is likely not loud enough to hear over the sound of the road/traffic/driving/etc...

3. ericgtr12 macrumors 6502a

ericgtr12

I had this same question, in my 2012 BMW where the iPhone is paired with the car, all calls are still handled through the car. My guess is you can probably answer on the watch as well but I never do.

4. Newtons Apple macrumors Pentium

Newtons Apple

5. Wsidewarrior07 macrumors newbie

If I answer with the steering wheel in my Camaro, the call is handled by the Car.

6. Buckeyestar thread starter macrumors 6502a

Buckeyestar

Thanks everyone! That makes sense, I'm glad to hear that the car can still take the call. Now if my watch would just ship already, I was charged this morning.

7. Newtons Apple macrumors Pentium

Newtons Apple

You do not have long to wait now. Hope it meets all the hype! It did for me.

8. Buckeyestar thread starter macrumors 6502a

Buckeyestar

Still processing 12 hours later :/