Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Buckeyestar

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 17, 2011
I was ordering how Bluetooth phone calls are handled while driving. I have my phone paired to my car for phone calls and music playback. But if I also have my phone paired a watch, does the call come in on the watch or the car?

SpEe1113

macrumors regular
Apr 24, 2015
Florida
I was ordering how Bluetooth phone calls are handled while driving. I have my phone paired to my car for phone calls and music playback. But if I also have my phone paired a watch, does the call come in on the watch or the car?

I think it depends on how you answer or initiate the call...I don't think it would make much sense to use the watch in this situation, especially since the speaker is likely not loud enough to hear over the sound of the road/traffic/driving/etc...

ericgtr12

macrumors 68000
Mar 19, 2015
I had this same question, in my 2012 BMW where the iPhone is paired with the car, all calls are still handled through the car. My guess is you can probably answer on the watch as well but I never do.

Buckeyestar

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 17, 2011
Thanks everyone! That makes sense, I'm glad to hear that the car can still take the call. Now if my watch would just ship already, I was charged this morning.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.