Bluetooth Question.....

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by fuzion11, Jul 24, 2009.

1. fuzion11 macrumors 65816

fuzion11

My bluetooth headset has a power on/off switch on it....my question is, when i shut the power off on the bluetooth headset but still have bluetooth turned on, on my iPhone...even though it isn't connected to anything, does this still use juice from my battery? Or does the battery only drain when the bluetooth setting on the iPhone is connected to a device?

Thanks in advance guys and gals.....

James

2. fehhkk macrumors 6502a

fehhkk

When you have the BT icon showing up in the status bar, it will still use the BT radio. Meaning, you will have small battery drain from it, as it scans for devices to link up to.

When you're actually using your headset (when it's on and you're talking), then of course, the battery drain will be more.

3. fuzion11 thread starter macrumors 65816

fuzion11

When I shut the power off on the headset the bluetooth icon in the status bar turns grey, but when I power up the headset it turns blue...so I was hoping it would just kinda be in a sleep mode/stand by mode and not use much battery life at all...

4. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

I do this all the time, but it seems like such a small amount of battery usage for me. :eek::eek::eek: