Bluetooth reciever

Discussion in 'iPod touch Hacks' started by Ram., Oct 3, 2010.

1. Ram. macrumors newbie

Is there an app, or a way to use my Ipod Touch as a bluetooth reciever for my PC. What I mean is, If I had a bluetooth device, say a wireless bluetooth mouse, but my PC doesn't have a bluetooth adapter or bluetooth capabilities, could I use my iPod Touch as a bridge for it?
    Thanks,
    Ram.

2. lanulos macrumors regular

Uh, you know, you can get a USB bluetooth adapter for like $15. Using an iPod for that seems like a waste of the ipod. You would probably have to be jailbroken and use special software on both devices (iPod and PC); I'm not even sure the software exists.

3. Ram. thread starter macrumors newbie

Its not really a waste if you already have the iPod (which I do), but it would be a waste to get a USB adapter if I could already use bluetooth via my iPod to my PC.

Thanks for the answer though :]
    Ram.

4. lanulos macrumors regular

Another thing, there are a lot of apps in the AppStore which let you use the iPod itself as a touch pad for the PC, over WiFi. Just search trackpad or touchpad in the AppStore. Some of them are free. Or maybe you've tried these already. Admittedly they are not a real mouse.

5. Ram. thread starter macrumors newbie

The bluetooth mouse was just an example, what I really want to do is connect my wiimote to the computer and play around along with some other bluetooth devices.
    Maybe I should state what I want to do these things for next time :D. Anyway thanks for your assistance lanulos, but I still don't have an answer to my situation haha, and while I'm here, instead of making a new thread, does anyone know how to make custom icons for Folders (and notification bubble numbers) for iOS4 like you would for custom icons in a theme.

Thanks,
    Ram.