Bluetooth speakers?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by speekez, Oct 3, 2012.

1. speekez macrumors 6502

Hi All

I am curious about info on Bluetooth Speakers. My existing speakers (Klipsch Promedia 2.1) just died, and I'm looking for some new speakers. The speakers would just be for listening to Itunes while working, so a simple 2.0 system or the like would probably suffice now. My wife & I share an office -- she has a MacAir and I have a MacPro 1.1 tower. I was thinking with a Bluetooth Speaker, we could share it. She could stream music to it from her MacAir. I should also be able to stream to it, since my Mac tower has bluetooth for my wireless keyboard & mouse, correct?

Any good brands folks would recommend?

thanks

2. mfram macrumors 65816

If you want to share speakers from iTunes, then another option is to get an Airport Express and use the AirPlay feature to share the speakers. That will use the network (ethernet/Wifi) instead of Bluetooth. Then you get whatever kind of normal wired speakers you want. It might not be a cheaper option, but it will probably be a more flexible option.

3. RMo macrumors 65816

RMo

Another option is basically any pair of speakers with a Bluetooth adapter such as Logitech Wireless Speaker Adapter for Bluetooth Audio Devices (980-000540) or Belkin F8Z492TTP Bluetooth Music Receiver.

I have the Belkin (Amazon had a Lightning Deal on it last year, I think) and I've actually barely used it, but it worked fine when I did and imagine it would give you about the same experience but with more flexibility. Might even cost less, though I'm not sure what Bluetooth speakers actually cost or how much you value not needing a separate adapter.