Bluetooth Speakers

Discussion in 'iOS 6' started by BASRPH, Jan 26, 2013.

1. BASRPH macrumors member

BASRPH

I purchase a BIG Jambox speaker. It sounds very good when I pair it up to my IPad but when I use it with my IMac the sound it very poor. I checked system preferences for sound and it shows as a headphone. How do I change that?

2. Julien macrumors G3

Julien

Don't think that is your problem. Not positive but it could be the version of BT used in your iMac. Older versions of BT had a more limited bandwidth and lower audio quality.

3. thekb macrumors 6502a

Have you tinkered with the EQ settings in iTunes? That can make a big difference.

4. BASRPH thread starter macrumors member

BASRPH

OK I tried the EQ settings and that seemed to help quite a bit. Now when I connect the speaker by bluetooth to the IMac it only stays connected for a few seconds. By the time it tells me the speaker is connected and I start a song it has already disconnected. The speaker is only about 10 feet from the IMac. Help from anyone !!

5. zorinlynx macrumors 601

zorinlynx

Is there a Wi-Fi base station nearby?

Wi-fi uses the same frequency band as bluetooth, and can step all over it, especially when the base station is a lot closer to either end of the bluetooth link.

As a test, disable the Wifi on the base station and see if the problems go away. If they do, try to use 5GHz Wifi, or move the base station farther from both the computer and speaker.

6. BASRPH thread starter macrumors member

BASRPH

Yes I have Wi-Fi in the house. I can connect to the speaker with my IPad which is n the same Wi-Fi, but if I try to connect to the speaker with the IMac it connects for a few seconds like 20 or 30 seconds, then disconnects. Any suggestions??