Bluetooth Speakers ?

Goohfy

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 22, 2011
Looking to buy a speaker / speaker system that I can wirelessly use my iPhone/iPod with. I just want someone's recommendation of a speaker/speaker system that has overall nice quality, and kick. Something that will mirror the effect of surround sound. Lookin at < 200 USD . Thanks.

Wzrd0715

macrumors newbie
Nov 21, 2012
College Station, TX
Looking to buy a speaker / speaker system that I can wirelessly use my iPhone/iPod with. I just want someone's recommendation of a speaker/speaker system that has overall nice quality, and kick. Something that will mirror the effect of surround sound. Lookin at < 200 USD . Thanks.
You can't go wrong with the Jambox by Jawbone. I have the Big Jambox (retail 299) and it is worth every penny and more. I am not familiar with the new Jambox that they have just released, but if the product is similar in quality to the Big Jambox then you will get your money's worth and more.

yyj05

macrumors newbie
Oct 19, 2013
U can consider bose soundlink mini (more bassy) or UE boom (sound brighter less bass) . Both sound great.

SchneiderMan

macrumors G3
May 25, 2008
U can consider bose soundlink mini (more bassy) or UE boom (sound brighter less bass) . Both sound great.
X2 nuff said really. And stay away from Jawbone and Beats speakers, they're crap for the price.

vandoorn

macrumors regular
May 31, 2011
i own the Soundlink Mini and it's great! Definitely great for the price and the sound is amazing! Highly recommended!

bhags8

macrumors 6502a
Mar 18, 2012
X2 nuff said really. And stay away from Jawbone and Beats speakers, they're crap for the price.
Beats, yes. Jawbone, not necessarily. The mini jambox seems like a ripoff for the price but the big jambox is the best speaker I've ever heard. I work in a LOUD environment for 10 hours a night. People can hear my big jambox from a long ways away and it lasts 10hours. Thing is a beast! If you have verizon and a discount you can get one 25% off the $299 and for that price it's way better than the Bose.

SchneiderMan

macrumors G3
May 25, 2008
Beats, yes. Jawbone, not necessarily. The mini jambox seems like a ripoff for the price but the big jambox is the best speaker I've ever heard. I work in a LOUD environment for 10 hours a night. People can hear my big jambox from a long ways away and it lasts 10hours. Thing is a beast! If you have verizon and a discount you can get one 25% off the $299 and for that price it's way better than the Bose.
The $200 SoundLink Mini is better actually. The Big Jambox was great when it first came out, but now there are many speakers that have surpassed it.

bambooshots

Suspended
Jul 25, 2013
Very impressed with my UE Boom. I got it when Amazin has a sale for $180 instead of the usual $200.

Goohfy

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 22, 2011
Im very interested in the Soundlink Mini, and I've heard good things bout the Sony Bluetooth Wireless Speaker SRS-BTX300/BLK as well. Any thoughts ?

Krabba

macrumors regular
Oct 16, 2013
Charlotte, NC USA
Bluetooth Speakers ?

I got a chance to play with the SoundLink Mini in a Bose store tonight and I wasVERY impressed! So much so that I told Mrs. Clause (AKA my wife) to add it to my Christmas list.

vijayvasa

macrumors member
May 28, 2010
I have the Bose sound link mini and it's the best portable Bluetooth speaker ever. For 165 pounds I felt it was expensive, but it's worth the money, as it also comes with wireless charging dock.

Vj

MacinAppleTosh

macrumors member
Aug 4, 2013
I'm a big fan of the samsung line.
I have the DAE670 and managed to find it for a little under 250, and believe me it will blow all of those mini portable speakers out of the water.
It has bluetooth and airplay as well.

If you don't really need a portable one I recommend one that's not as they seem much more reasonably priced for what you get.

Zmanbaseball2

macrumors 68040
Aug 24, 2012
New York, USA
Bluetooth Speakers ?

I'm a big fan of the samsung line.

I have the DAE670 and managed to find it for a little under 250, and believe me it will blow all of those mini portable speakers out of the water.

It has bluetooth and airplay as well.

If you don't really need a portable one I recommend one that's not as they seem much more reasonably priced for what you get.

It will obviously be much better than any portable mini Bluetooth speaker because it is not portable and is much more powerful;)

Shockwave78

macrumors 65816
Jul 10, 2010
JBL Charge is the best for the price/value easily IMO.

I work in boiler rooms and other loud areas in commercial buildings and EVERYONE cannot believe how much volume this little thing puts out and still sounds great. The other HUGE factor is that you can charge your phone or other devices off of it with the built in USB port. $150

- Second would be the Bose Soundlink II, I got one for my mom for Christmas last year and it sounds great, better than the JBL charge, mainly for the increase of bass presence. But the device is much larger and you do not have a USB port to charge other devices. $299

- The Bose Soundlink Mini just came out, I have not tried it but i mom is getting for her fiance for Christmas. Everything I have heard and read about it is that is is very close to the bigger Soundlink II as far as quality, just a tad bit less bass and cost $199 instead of $299.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.