Bluetooth Speakers ?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by Goohfy, Dec 5, 2013.

1. Goohfy macrumors regular

Goohfy

Looking to buy a speaker / speaker system that I can wirelessly use my iPhone/iPod with. I just want someone's recommendation of a speaker/speaker system that has overall nice quality, and kick. Something that will mirror the effect of surround sound. Lookin at < 200 USD . Thanks.

2. Wzrd0715 macrumors newbie

You can't go wrong with the Jambox by Jawbone. I have the Big Jambox (retail 299) and it is worth every penny and more. I am not familiar with the new Jambox that they have just released, but if the product is similar in quality to the Big Jambox then you will get your money's worth and more.

3. yyj05 macrumors newbie

U can consider bose soundlink mini (more bassy) or UE boom (sound brighter less bass) . Both sound great.

4. Krabba macrumors regular

Krabba

I've been really pleased with my Soundfreaq Sound Kick. Best BT speaker available under $100 for my money. In fact I caught mine on sale at Target for $80.

http://soundfreaq.com/store/sound_kick

5. SchneiderMan macrumors G3

SchneiderMan

X2 nuff said really. And stay away from Jawbone and Beats speakers, they're crap for the price.

6. vandoorn macrumors regular

i own the Soundlink Mini and it's great! Definitely great for the price and the sound is amazing! Highly recommended!

7. Zmanbaseball2 macrumors 68040

Zmanbaseball2

This one is great too. Excellent sound quality.
    Divoom OnBeat-500 Wireless Bluetooth Speaker for iPhone 5, 4S, Samsung Galaxy S4, S3, Galaxy Note 2, iPads and more (White)
    http://amzn.com/B00E9G0P7E

8. Tilpots macrumors 601

Tilpots

I love my JBL Charge. Sounds great and has awesome battery life.

9. idoccurt macrumors regular

soundlinl

Just got the Bose. Love it!!

10. Robster3 macrumors 68000

Is that your video review?

11. Zmanbaseball2 macrumors 68040

Zmanbaseball2

Yes.

12. bhags8 macrumors 6502a

Beats, yes. Jawbone, not necessarily. The mini jambox seems like a ripoff for the price but the big jambox is the best speaker I've ever heard. I work in a LOUD environment for 10 hours a night. People can hear my big jambox from a long ways away and it lasts 10hours. Thing is a beast! If you have verizon and a discount you can get one 25% off the $299 and for that price it's way better than the Bose.

13. SchneiderMan macrumors G3

SchneiderMan

The $200 SoundLink Mini is better actually. The Big Jambox was great when it first came out, but now there are many speakers that have surpassed it.

14. bambooshots macrumors 6502a

Very impressed with my UE Boom. I got it when Amazin has a sale for $180 instead of the usual $200.

15. Goohfy thread starter macrumors regular

Goohfy

Im very interested in the Soundlink Mini, and I've heard good things bout the Sony Bluetooth Wireless Speaker SRS-BTX300/BLK as well. Any thoughts ?

16. Krabba macrumors regular

Krabba

Bluetooth Speakers ?

I got a chance to play with the SoundLink Mini in a Bose store tonight and I wasVERY impressed! So much so that I told Mrs. Clause (AKA my wife) to add it to my Christmas list.

17. mofunk macrumors 68000

mofunk

JBL Flip is nice and very portable. I've had mine for a year and still love them.

or

Jawbone

18. whitete, Dec 7, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 7, 2013
  19. vijayvasa macrumors member

I have the Bose sound link mini and it's the best portable Bluetooth speaker ever. For 165 pounds I felt it was expensive, but it's worth the money, as it also comes with wireless charging dock.

Vj

20. MacinAppleTosh macrumors member

I'm a big fan of the samsung line.
    I have the DAE670 and managed to find it for a little under 250, and believe me it will blow all of those mini portable speakers out of the water.
    It has bluetooth and airplay as well.

If you don't really need a portable one I recommend one that's not as they seem much more reasonably priced for what you get.

21. Zmanbaseball2 macrumors 68040

Zmanbaseball2

Bluetooth Speakers ?

It will obviously be much better than any portable mini Bluetooth speaker because it is not portable and is much more powerful;)

22. MacinAppleTosh macrumors member

Right, so if you don't need portability, your getting getting a much better speaker for relatively the same price.

23. Zmanbaseball2 macrumors 68040

Zmanbaseball2

Bluetooth Speakers ?

Same price? The speaks you said is 250$. Mini speakers are $40 or less typically.

24. Shockwave78 macrumors 65816

Shockwave78

JBL Charge is the best for the price/value easily IMO.

I work in boiler rooms and other loud areas in commercial buildings and EVERYONE cannot believe how much volume this little thing puts out and still sounds great. The other HUGE factor is that you can charge your phone or other devices off of it with the built in USB port. $150

- Second would be the Bose Soundlink II, I got one for my mom for Christmas last year and it sounds great, better than the JBL charge, mainly for the increase of bass presence. But the device is much larger and you do not have a USB port to charge other devices. $299

- The Bose Soundlink Mini just came out, I have not tried it but i mom is getting for her fiance for Christmas. Everything I have heard and read about it is that is is very close to the bigger Soundlink II as far as quality, just a tad bit less bass and cost $199 instead of $299.