Bluetooth Speakers

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by LeaverX, Dec 5, 2007.

1. LeaverX macrumors member

I'm a big fan of digital media, and hence is getting a 24" iMac. What are some good quality bluetooth speakers that look nice and work nice with it? Not too expensive please.

2. Jack Flash macrumors 65816

Don't waste your money with Bluetooth Speakers. You'll get much better quality with a wired setup.

Of course, one option would be to pick up an AirPort Express and run to wired speakers with AirTunes.

3. LeaverX thread starter macrumors member

My Mac setup dream is to have only 1 wire. How much would a airport express set me back (I'm already planning to buy a airport extreme). Also, would I be able to setup the speakers to play at the same time as built in imac speakers instead of just streaming music? (Gaming use). How easy would it be to hide all wires.

Anyway, any bluetooth speaker suggestions?

4. Vader macrumors 65816

Vader

The airtunes feature of the airport express is great, but it only works for music in iTunes, no movies in iTunes, or any other program.

You can have the music play from the computer and external speakers at the same time, but this is only in iTunes.

5. tersono macrumors 68000

tersono

I've yet to hear a set of bluetooth speakers that sound appreciably better than the built-in iMac speakers (most are worse). My advice would be to go wired or not bother, sorry.

6. LeaverX thread starter macrumors member

Ok, How about some source of wireless speakers?

Or any good ways to completely hide these wires from sight?

7. healeydave macrumors regular

Forget Bluetooth Speakers, just get a Bluetooth Receiver and pump your audio from any Bluetooth equipped hardware to your main Hifi system (where there is generally a good set of speakers)!!

I know this is an old thread, but better to put some useful info into an existing thread than create a new one.

I have one of these:

http://www.juno.co.uk/ppps/products/378219-01.htm

In case the link above ever become's dead, its a DC-5BT Bluetooth Audio Receiver.

A small Glossy Black box (smaller than a cigarette packet) than connects to a spare Audio Input on your HiFi Amplifier. (some later HiFi Receivers have BT built in, so if you have one of those, you don't even need this).

You can then Pair up any Bluetooth device and play your music etc through your Audio Amplifier without the need to connect wires.

I can use my iMac as an audio jukebox for parties. With the full screen activated (on the coverflow window in iTunes), it looks amazing on my 27" iMac, huge album art scrollable with the left & right arrows, people can just walk up and select the music.

I have everything paired up, including my iPhone and MacBook Air, sending the output to the BT receiver is a push of a button and it sounds amazing because I have some Bose AM16's setup in my lounge :)

Its a cool gadget for the price, it even has a built in battery, which will run it for 2+ hours even if you don't have the BT receiver powered.

8. Icaras macrumors 603

Icaras

Even though there may not be a viable solution to your search and I agree with others here in saying that it may not be worth the cause (at least right now...), I still salute your dream.

I share your love for minimalism, sir. One wire is definitely a thing of beauty. :)

That said, I can't wait until wireless speakers become more practical.

9. waynerrr macrumors newbie