Bluetooth Speakers

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by lindsaykaye04, Oct 31, 2008.

1. lindsaykaye04 macrumors member

I am looking for something that will charge and play music from my iPhone 3G and that can also be used as a speaker for my computer's music, preferably through bluetooth.

This iHome speaker seems to fit what I'm looking for -- http://store.apple.com/us/product/TR156LL/A?fnode=MTY1NDA5Mg&mco=NjUxODY1 -- but from the reviews, it's kind of buggy.

Does anybody have any ideas of what product might work for me? At this point, I think it might be easier to simply buy a cheaper speaker/charger just for the iPhone (I'm not interested in bluetooth for this purpose, nor do I care about speakerphone.) and then just regular speakers for my MacBook. But it would be great to have to buy just one product if there's a good one out there. I'm just really hesitant to spend $200 on a buggy system.

Any suggestions?

2. mxptt macrumors member

i think it will work as playing from the docking station but not playing music over bluetooth bc the iphone doesnt have AD2P

3. reliantj macrumors 6502

yeah, which is super gey since it's a music phone. and there are bluetooth headphones for... music.

i think if you have one of those lame bluetooth adapters it'd work?

4. lindsaykaye04 thread starter macrumors member

I should have clarified... I would like it to connect with bluetooth with my computer, but I don't care if my phone plays the music wirelessly.