Bluetooth Speakrs

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by Hipnomac, Jun 16, 2007.

1. Hipnomac macrumors regular

Hipnomac

Can anybody reccomend a good pair of Bluetooth Speakers at a reasonable price.

Also, I have a C2D macbook, is the bluetooth EDR? I want to make sure I will get stereo sound.

Thanks.

2. flopticalcube macrumors G4

flopticalcube

The bluetooth is EDR. Instead of bluetooth, for the same money, you could get a refurbished AirPort Express with AirTunes.

3. Hipnomac thread starter macrumors regular

Hipnomac

Yeah, but I don't have any speakers to begin with, otherwise I would totally go that route.

4. thegoldenmackid macrumors 604

thegoldenmackid

I am somehow thinking that unless there is an incredibly good cheap pair of BT Speakers, knowing how cheap you can pick up a good quality speaker system (Creative Labs/Logitech) It would make sense to go the Airport route. IT also would give you some sense of future proofing (if that exist with speakers)

5. Hipnomac thread starter macrumors regular

Hipnomac

If I am playing a DVD with the DVD Player, will that sound play through Airtunes?

6. Dreadnought macrumors 68020

Dreadnought

No, only iTunes can make use of it. Ofcourse there is an app (don't know the name) that can let every sound from every programm and finder go through Airtunes, but you'll have a couple of seconds delay because of the buffering. So for watching a movie...

7. TilJ macrumors member

The app is called AirFoil. It's not free, unfortunately, although there's a demo available.