Bluetooth Stereo Headphones. Any recommendations?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by triddent222, Nov 11, 2007.

1. triddent222 macrumors regular

Hey all, I'm in the market for Bluetooth headphones, as my old ones died, and I'm tired of short cables and all that. I'm not too familiar with A2DP, but since Leopard now supports this technology, I'd assume it supports most Bluetooth Stereo headphones, right? (without any adapters, that is...).

I've been looking at the Logitech FreePulse, or recently the Jabra BT620. Both seem to be outstanding pieces, but I've only found reviews based on the Windows-side. I know BT headphones are a niche market, inside a niche market, but I was wondering if any of you has experience/recommendations to share? That'd be much appreciated, thanks :).

tata.

2. Bearxor macrumors 6502a

I tried the Logitech Freepulse and sent them back for a pair of Motorola HT820's.

I picked the Motorolas because they sat on my ears better and they had a mic so they could be used for a cell phone headset, which I use it for as well. The headphones themselves seems to store two profiles. I'm able to switch them between OS X and my Win Mo phone without resetting them up, but if I set them up in Windows Vista I have to reset them up again the next time I go to use them on my phone.

I like the HT820 as well because it has a line-in for devices that do not have bluetooth as well. Battery life is excellent. I've not charged mine up in several weeks. I don't use them extremely often.

I can't speak for the Logitech in Leopard because I was using Tiger at that point. They worked great in Vista at the time however. The HT820 works great in Leopard as well.

The main problem I have now is that VMWare Fusion does not pass the sound to the headphones when it is running. OS X sounds can be coming out of the headphones and windows sounds coming out of the computer speakers at the same time. It's weird.

3. caseys macrumors member

Hands down I would recommend the Plantronics 590A stereo headphones.

Great for on the move with your iPod too. Excellent sound quality.

4. triddent222 thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks guys/gals. I'll look for the best deal and report back once I get whatever product I finally decide to buy. I'll even post a review if anyone else is interested.

Thanks, again.