Bluetooth Stereo Headphones that you can make calls with too?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by Ahheck01, Aug 3, 2010.

1. Ahheck01 macrumors 6502

Hey guys, I run a car detailing business, so I need wireless headphones as I climb in and out of cars all day. That said, I also get phone calls all day that I can't afford to have take one of my hands away from productive work, so I would love a wireless equivalent to apple's wired headphones they include with iphones, with the controls on the cord.

What is the best solution that you guys/gals have seen?

Thanks!

-Evan

2. Ahheck01 thread starter macrumors 6502

Bump. Looking for a cost-effective solution. I'm no audiophile, and will be listening to a lot of talking CD's, phonecalls, and the occassional song to rock out to.

Thanks!

-Evan

3. SDNikki macrumors member

I just ordered a set of Sony HBH-IS800 for $100 (usually ~$200) but haven't recieved them yet. I thought I read on here somewhere that they worked well with the iPhone 4...

4. drool6 macrumors newbie

With the Sony's above, you would not have control over your music tracks, such as skip, repeat, etc... It used to be you did not have control over volume either, as the vvolume controls on the iPhone were locked, but now with iOS4, you can now control volume on the iPhone itself.

Also, keep in mind that battery life is not that good on Bluetooth headsets... They may not last for olonger that 2-3 hours (atleast for the Sony IS800)

5. SDNikki macrumors member

thanks for the info, drool :) . fortunately I don't really need to control tracks during music. i just need something low profile, that sounds good, that i don't get hung up with wires, and that has a mic for phone use.

6. drool6 macrumors newbie

When the iOS comes out with 4.1, you should now be able to have music control capability. I'll get the IS800 then. It's a great looking BT headset and from reviews, sound pretty good as well. Only think is I know detailing can take hours, so hopefully you have a charger nearby!

Enjoy your purchase!!

7. FieldingMellish Suspended

Klipsch S4i does a nice job. Good sound, works well with making and receiving calls. $99.00. They also make an expensive version, Sx, I think.

8. UnseenLlama macrumors 6502a

UnseenLlama

The Klipsch S4i is not a bluetooth device.

9. nelly41 macrumors regular

I have the plantronics backbeat 950 or something like that. Works really well. One side has volume control and play and pause. The other side has answer and hang up for phone calls. The gel plugs are soft on your ears too they don't go into your ear hole but rather rest outside of it. So if your music is off, you can hear other people talk without any problems at all. Great set and the headphones last all day. It's around 60 to 90 though. You might find it cheaper with some stingy searching. Lol.

10. bbotte macrumors 65816

bbotte

I have the moto S9 and they work great for music and calls.

11. Ahheck01 thread starter macrumors 6502

Anything a higher bang-for-the-buck than the $50 (newegg) S9-HD?

-Evan

12. UnseenLlama macrumors 6502a

UnseenLlama

13. cc2096 macrumors regular

cc2096

They're probably a little out of your price range but I have the Sennheiser MM400's and while they are a tad expensive they sound incredible and last forever. And as others have said with the 4.1 update you will be able to control playback with them as well. Another nice feature if your battery dies for whatever reason you can plug in a cable and use them as wired headphones.

http://store.apple.com/us/product/TX940ZM/A?mco=MTY3ODQ5OTY

14. 101AirAssault macrumors member

I use the Freedom blue tooth hp from Jaybirds. They tuck behind the ear and are sweat proof. I am waiting for the blue buds to be released (same maker) but after several delays they have yet to be put on the market. They run around $100+ but the sound is great and the charge lasts a long time.... the limitation is the same with other bt hp, you can't advance tracks(that's an iPhone thing and not a hp thing).
    www.jaybirdgear.com

15. Outrigger macrumors 68000

Outrigger

Check out the Sony Ericsson MW600. Comes with a pair of headphones.

16. TroyBoy30 macrumors 68000

TroyBoy30

17. fishmd macrumors 68000

fishmd

I can second these and you can find them for pretty cheap even through Amazon. They make two versions, the 903 and then the 906. Both are exactly the same, just the 906 comes with a bluetooth adapter so if you want to use your headphones with something that does not have bluetooth built in, but it has a 3.5mm jack, you just plug that adapter into the headphone jack and away you go. It works really well. I use mine to work out all the time, get lots of sweat on them and no problems yet after a few months use. I just wipe them down after my workout real quick. Sound for phone calls is also very good and clear. It has a noise cancellation mic built into it as well so you will sound clear to your caller (at least I have had no complaints yet). Distance you can get away from the phone itself will be variable given what environment you are in, but should be good enough for you. Sound is good. Not as great as my wired UE's, but good for bluetooth. Bass is good as well as it does have a bass boost function built in. Also, the battery does last for quit a while with these. It is rated for 7 hours, and mine does seem to last at least that long. Overall, I was very happy with the purchase given the price I paid.

18. mbhforum macrumors 6502a

I experience issues with the S9's.

First, when I am listening to music and a call comes in, I have to manually select the Audio Source - S9 to activate the call on my headphones, so it doesn't do it gracefully. Then when I am done with the call and I want to go back to music, I have to power down the headset and power it back up again to re-pair.

Also, there is no mic on the headphones so I have to hold the phone up to my mouth.

Are any other S9 users experiencing this? Does the S9-HD resolve this?

19. Ronnoco macrumors 68030

Ronnoco

I too have the Plantronics Backbeat 906 (the music section is manufactured by Altec Lansing and the phone part by Plantronics) and really like them. I see them for $99.00 but Amazon has them for $67.99 (I printed out the Amazon page and brought it to Fry's in the San Diego area and they price matched)...
    These are REALLY nice, solidly built bluetooth stereo headphones with very good phone internals and a terrific battery life..the sound is about the best I've heard from any "stereo bluetooth" headset and the volume is LOUD!...fairly comfortable to wear as well...haven't had a problem with the "sweat factor" but I have read others have (like the poster above, I wipe mine down after every use)...for me they are the perfect solution and just what i have been looking for at a great price...

20. sadsack macrumors member

I agree with this post. Purchased one last week and use it with ipad and iPhone

21. Mr. Chewbacca macrumors 6502a

Mr. Chewbacca

Wow, I think I'm sold on the Plantronics Backbeat 906. Buying them today.

Thanks for the heads up! :D

22. Mr. Chewbacca macrumors 6502a

Mr. Chewbacca

Just got them in the mail from Amazon, work perfect with the iPhone4,, Thanks again!