Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

BigSaintDogs

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 13, 2011
Rhode Island, USA
Quite a few models out there. Anyone have any experience with these? Will use them with my iPhone 4S and my MBA.

:apple: MBP 17 2009 2.8 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo 500G
:apple: MBA 13 2011 i5 256G
:apple: iPhone 4S 64G
:apple: iPod Classic 160G
:apple: Time capsule 2010 2TB

Last edited:

Carlanga

macrumors 604
Nov 5, 2009
I have the motorola MOTOROKR S9 (the first version, non-HD). still holds a nice charge and no problems connecting it to my iPhone & mac, sounds ok-good, mic had a few issues in noise environments but good if you like to run and work out. Heard the newer version improve the mic. I like mine for working out and running. I usually take the headphones that came with the iPhone out everyday because I'm a guy and don't want to wear it on my neck at all times.

blueroom

macrumors 603
Feb 15, 2009
Toronto, Canada
Avoid the Nokia BH-905 (not sure if this applies to the 905i) but the iOS Bluetooth stack sees the headphones as a headset and moves the audio balance to the left ear. Really annoying and has been busted since iOS 4 (worked in 3)

Wired they're excellent headphones with good noise canceling.

gemnilocs

macrumors 6502
Jan 26, 2011
california
I have the jaybird freedom(jf3) I use mostly for working out, running. they come with lifetime sweat warranty, a few extra ear pieces to find the perfect fit. some people don't like the strap that goes across the back, but there is a lil piece to attach to make it shorter. I have enjoyed them so far and I love not having to worry about the chord getting in the way. good luck in your search.

labman

macrumors 604
Jun 9, 2009
Mich near Detroit
Just bought and just delivered Mee Electronics new AIR-FI AF32 It'd currently charging so I can't say much yet. it's a brand new product from them so not many reviews yet!

c2e48179_HP-AF32-RB-MEE-6.jpeg

BigSaintDogs

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 13, 2011
Rhode Island, USA
Thanks for the ideas. Don't you wish there was a plce to try stuff like this?

eclipse01

macrumors 68030
May 16, 2011
Eau Claire, WI
I have the Moto S9-HD's they are ok, I bought them when they were pretty new for about $70 (definitely not worth that much) I use them a lot when mowing the lawn/snowblowing or running, or just anytime I don't feel like dealing with the wires.

something to note, bluetooth works great indoors when it has walls and doors ect to bounce off of, but if you are outside. make sure your device is very close to the headphones, otherwise they will cut out a lot!

gerbilmaster

macrumors newbie
Jun 19, 2008
audiophile bt headphones

i have a similar problem. i cant seem to find a nice pair. beats by dre makes a bt over-ears set, but i hear a lot of complaints. same with sennheiser; people say theyre good but not worth nearly what u have to pay.

does anyone know of a nice, audiophile quality pair of over-ear bt headphones? money isnt really an option as long as they are actually good.

i use an S9 headset right now and like does it work? yea. does it sound good ? no, not really. thanks in advance for any suggestions

labman

macrumors 604
Jun 9, 2009
Mich near Detroit
I'm pretty happy with mine so far but I only got it Thursday. So I really don't think I have enough hours in. Also I haven't compared it to any others. I wish I could compare several devices like that to see how they stack up. I might see if bestbuy will let me try a couple.

LxHunter

Suspended
Nov 14, 2010
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

labman said:
Just bought and just delivered Mee Electronics new AIR-FI AF32 It'd currently charging so I can't say much yet. it's a brand new product from them so not many reviews yet!

Would like to know your opinion of these - considering buying them.
I have purchased other MEE wired earbuds and like them.

LxHunter

Suspended
Nov 14, 2010
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

labman said:

kalex

macrumors 65816
Oct 1, 2007
I have LG HBS-700 and love them. Sound good, good battery life and fairly easy to use

labman

macrumors 604
Jun 9, 2009
Mich near Detroit

Well I like them allot in fairness though I have nothing to compare it too. I like to honestly say they are better or worse then say Dre but I never tried a pair of the bluetooth headphones. but I'm happy with my purchase I have heard no buzz or noise. I can go a couple rooms away in my house with out loosing the signal. I haven't tried it on a call yet. I also haven't got it to support siri yet not sure if it does. I like the 3.5 wired option. I have connected it to my 4S my touchpad both webos and android with no issues. comfort wise it's there controls easy to navigate..

ticalnza

macrumors newbie
Apr 23, 2011
"MiiKey Wireless Rhythm" work great on the iPhone 4s. Can be found on Amazon. Great sound and you have an option of using a wire for non-bluetooth devices.

DroidRules

macrumors 65816
Aug 10, 2010
I picked up the Jaybird Freedoms and I like them. I had another set from Jaybird and didn't like the fit. The sound is pretty good and the reception is ok. I keep it in my front pocket and only cuts out every now and then. Call quality is pretty good but I don't spend a ton of time talking on the phone. Jaybird also has bands that are bt and they are all sweat proof and guaranteed. $100

http://www.jaybirdgear.com/

motorazr

macrumors 6502
Has anyone here used the Able Planet over-ear noise canceling headphones before? They're corded... and that's what I previously had fallen in love with, but I can't justify replacing them when the realm of BT headphones for the same price point is expanding (ie. $300 or less for GREAT audio). I've also owned the Bose QC3 and prefer the lynx audio system... I feel it's more balanced... but anyway, anyone know if one of these mentioned sets compares?

Rocko1

macrumors 68020
Nov 3, 2011
Quite a few models out there. Anyone have any experience with these? Will use them with my iPhone 4S and my MBA.

Your sig is very distracting. :confused:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.