Bluetooth stereo headset question

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by jedolley, Aug 23, 2013.

1. jedolley macrumors 68000

I wanted to confirm if the issue I am having is either a limitation (or intended design) or bluetooth headsets or my iMac. I have tried a couple over the ear bluetooth stereo headsets with my iMac. My main use is basically for wireless headset to watch movies/TV and play games at night. My secondary use would be to use it for ventral while playing some games. I've noticed that I can't use the input of the bluetooth headsets I have tried and maintain stereo output. Once I change the input to the headset, it reverts the output to another selection that is not stereo.

Is it possible (or are there any) for bluetooth headsets to both output stereo sound while also being used as an input? The last one I tried was the Creative SoundBlaster Evo ZX, and if it's possible I would expect a $200 headset to be able to do it.

2. FreakinEurekan macrumors 68040

FreakinEurekan

None of the common Bluetooth profiles support both stereo audio and simultaneous mic. For stereo sound he link will use A2DP or AVRCP, and the mic will be disabled. If you need mic, the link will switch to HSP and the sound will go mono.