Bluetooth Stereo Headsets circa 2010

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by FreeBaGeL, Sep 27, 2010.

1. FreeBaGeL macrumors newbie

A few months ago I got an iphone with the idea that I could ditch my mp3 player and archos, and just by carrying around my cell phone I would have an instant movie watching and music listening device in my pocket at any time, especially with the iPhone now able to stream netflix over 3g.

What I found is that while I have this device at any time, I almost never have anything to listen to it with because I'm just not going to carry around headphones with a long annoying wire all day long. I've decided to get a bluetooth stereo headset, but info on them is pretty scarce at this point, so I was hoping maybe you guys could help me out.

My main requirements are:

1. Noise canceling
    2. PORTABLE (small, fits in my pocket)
    3. Earbuds prefered

I don't really care about how they handle phone calls or anything like that, all I care about here is my ability to watch movies and listen to music with them while I'm in the airport or somewhere like that.

I came across the Sony Ericsson HBH-IS800's which look nice and small, but from what I could find (at least in mid-2009, couldn't find any new info on it) you couldn't adjust the volume on those with the iPhone.

2. mrsemperfi macrumors newbie

3. FreeBaGeL thread starter macrumors newbie

4. Xylon macrumors newbie

I'm also looking for a nice bluetooth headset.
    I really love the looks of the Sony Ericsson HBH-IS800, but unfortunately it doesn't have buttons for next/previous etc and I haven't been able to find something with the same design and those buttons yet.

5. sinsin07 macrumors 68030

The Backbeat 903 might be better, as they do not come with the dongle, which if he is using ios 4.1 is not needed. I find the Bass on the 903 to be better than my Moto S9, Sony MW600, iSkin CERULEAN F1 and my Motorola HT820 headsets. All of those headsets have low volume. The 903's are loud.

One thing, I would not recommend the 903's for exercise. Moisture can easily get into the switches.

6. parrot5 macrumors 6502

Everyone talks about the Platronics, but isn't it the same as Altec Lansings ones? Just branded differently. Just throwing it out there because sometimes you can find one cheaper than the other.

7. JNGold macrumors 6502a

JNGold

8. Rooskibar03 macrumors 65816

Rooskibar03

I'm pretty sure there are no true noise canceling Bluetooth headphones on the market.

The moto S9's are the only ones I have experience with. And while they are A) Bluetooth and B) good for use at Gym, they sound quality simply stinks compared with anything wired.

9. hardsc02 macrumors member

Has anyone had experience with JayBird? I'm looking for a pair of Stereo Bluetooth headphones for iPhone as well. So far these seem to be the best from what I read. I like the Sony Ericcson IS800 the best because they are the most discreet but I don't like the lack of volume control.