Bluetooth streaming audio much better on new iPhone?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by HXGuyAZ, Sep 21, 2014.

1. HXGuyAZ macrumors 6502

Connected my iPhone 6 to my car earlier today and played some music from the Music app and not sure if it's just my imagination but it seem like much better quality. More clear and crisp, sounds very similar to how the hardwired USB connection sounded with the 5S.

2. JonathanK81 macrumors 6502a

JonathanK81

Someone else posted the same thing. They made a post saying they believe Apple changed the DAC. Can't say for sure though.

3. saving107 macrumors 603

saving107

I noticed that immediately as well and was sort of wondering if I was just imagining it.

I usually keep my car volume at a certain level and as soon as I paired my phone and pressed play on a song I had to turn the volume down, but it sounded really clear and loud.

4. HXGuyAZ thread starter macrumors 6502

Definitely a change from the previous iPhone. I did some more testing going from Bluetooth audio to USB and I can't tell any difference at all. With the old iPhone it was a significant difference and I never used BT, only USB which isn't as convenient so I love this upgrade!

5. al256 macrumors 6502a

al256

I was driving home during my commute and found the bluetooth audio was better. I then remembered this thread, after I blew it off as crazy talk.

Benny Benassi's Finger Food was quite clear. My Pioneer deck does a reasonable job with most music but there are times when I just can't listen to certain songs. I'll need to track down those tracks I'm so accustomed to skipping and try them again. I'm quite happy this change in quality.