Bluetooth sucking in iOS 4.2?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by nikhsub1, Nov 9, 2010.

1. nikhsub1 macrumors 68000

nikhsub1

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C134 Safari/6533.18.5)

Ever since iOS 4.2 my phone won't connect to my cars Bluetooth uness I toggle it off then back on on the phone. Never had an issue with this before. Anyone else noticing an issue with the bluetooth?

2. jutte64 macrumors regular

i have had this issue since os 4.0 came out. my Phone will sync every time i start my vehicle, but in order to get my music to play over bluetooth i have to clear everything and resync it all. before 4.0 it worked fine just switched to BT audio and it would connect and start playing my music..

3. RandomKamikaze macrumors 6502a

RandomKamikaze

My device has been fine connecting to my car kit, jawbone and MBP. Have you tried to re-pair?

4. jutte64 macrumors regular

yeah if i want it to connect to my radio so i can listen to my music i have to re-pair it everytime. as soon as i turn my radio off and back on it wont connect again. the thing is though the phone part of it connects automaticly like it should as soon as the radio is turned on..

5. Brinkman macrumors 6502

Brinkman

I've only had this happen once or twice, well before 4.0 update.

I fixed it by forgetting the pair in settings then repairing it

I'm using a cheap sony head unit

6. turfyman macrumors newbie

Sorry to res a slightly older thread, but I'm seeing issues with BT audio too after the 4.2.1 official update last night. Jumped in my car and my phone paired like normal, but it wouldn't play any audio over BT (I have a Pioneer AVIC Z120BT). Tried to make a phone call, and that worked ok, or at least I could hear it, but seems like the Airplay implementation has broken compatibility with my head unit.

I tried repairing, but it didn't seem to work. I'm going to screw around with it some more tonight, but I'm not sure there's a solution yet. Hopefully it's not impossible to downgrade to 4.1, just in case I can't get it to work with 4.2.1...

7. jutte64 macrumors regular

i havent tried with 4.2 yet but i havent been able to get my ip4 to sync the audio since i have had it. my 3g worked just fine till 4.0 came out... i dont know what the deal is i have to re-pair my ip4 everytime i wanna listen to music over bt audio. i have a pioneer head unit as well. also when i finally do get it to connect i still have to use the phone to skip tracks!!! its pretty rediculous this is still an issue!! and i know we arent the only couple people with this problem i have found it several other places!