Bluetooth tethering finally works with 10.5.7..

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Ron21, May 12, 2009.

1. Ron21 macrumors 6502a

With 10.5.7 bluetooth tethering finally started working with my MBP. I guess they updated the bluetooth stack.

This is with beta5.

2. dissdnt macrumors 65816

dissdnt

Tethering with what?

3. Ron21 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Tethering over bluetooth between iPhone 3.0 and MBP. What do you think I'm talking about?

4. dissdnt macrumors 65816

dissdnt

Hehe that's why im asking. You mean tethering 3g/edge over bluetooth im guessing..

5. thisisarcadia macrumors 6502

ha thats odd tethering via bluetooth and usb have been working since beta 1 for me and i have a macbook. good to here its working for ya though! hopefully we all arent charged when the final release comes out for tethering all these weeks

6. Ron21 thread starter macrumors 6502a

yep. On 10.5.6 I would get the 'maximum number of connections' error but with 10.5.7 it works perfectly.

7. Willis macrumors 68020

Willis

Wish I was brave enough to install the beta on my iPhone. I'd love to do some tethering =(

8. Ron21 thread starter macrumors 6502a

at this point might as well wait for the official release. However I wouldn't be surprised if they closed all the loop holes that enable unauthorized tethering. ATT is probably going to charge us 60$ month for that feature, though I'm sure there will be ways around it.

9. thisisarcadia macrumors 6502

that is the standard for tethering but have a 5 GB cap and if you go over i think they charge for that too! but here's my question how do they know if you are or not because we do have the unlimited data! I think they will try and incorporate it in our bill. Hopefully it will not be super expensive.

10. iBimmer macrumors newbie

Yeah it definitely works with 10.5.7.

You have to keep the phone "on" though right? If it goes into sleep mode, you loose the connection. That at least what happened here.

11. dalvin200 macrumors 68040

ohhh... gonna have to try this on my unibody macbook then..
    only usb tethering was working and i'd given up on BT option.. if this works then brilliant :)

EDIT: just tried it on my unibody macbook and it works a treat!! no more remembering to take my usb cable along!! lol..

12. malone46844 macrumors newbie

Can you still tether after waking from sleep? I'm having issues with tethering after waking my mac from sleep. Other bt devices still pair, but the tethering option is grey out and unavailable after waking from sleep ...

13. Apple all life macrumors 6502

I cant get mine to work. It will connect for about 2 seconds then disconnect.