Bluetooth to logic board connector on Macbook Pro 13"

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by mikeherdes, Feb 10, 2011.

1. mikeherdes macrumors member

I just took apart my 13" macbook pro (late 2009) to reapply the thermal paste. Everything went fine, however, the computer can no longer find the bluetooth card. I've been google searching, but I can't seem to find how the bluetooth is connected to the logic board?

Do any of you know which wire I need to replace?

Thanks!

2. Detrius macrumors 68000

It's in the display assembly. Your camera and therefore ambient light sensing probably doesn't work either. There's a cable that runs by the optical drive from the right hinge and plugs in right near where the optical drive connects. It connects those devices via USB, and it also connects the airport card. If airport works, you may just need to reseat the cable, or you may have shorted something out (bad), and I've seen that too.

I'm pretty sure I'm thinking of the right model. If you have antennas connecting to a board mounted to the optical drive, then I'm thinking of the wrong model. In that case, it's just the one orange flex cable that goes from that board to the logic board--that's BT and AP.

3. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

4. mikeherdes thread starter macrumors member

Airport and the camera work, I've tried reconnecting every cable without any luck..... if I've shorted out the bluetooth is it possible to replace?