Bluetooth to WiFi issues

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by Rmpaul211, Oct 7, 2017.

1. Rmpaul211 macrumors regular

Rmpaul211

Hey all!
    I have a Nike+ Aw3 (LTE). From what Ive read, when you turnoff Bluetooth your phone is supposed to try to pick up and WiFi ( I’m assuming). I’m trying to hook my watch up to WiFi and with the Bluetooth off it still says connected.

The only way my watch has been connecting to WiFi is if my phone is completely off. Is there anyway to fix it or is this a faulty item.

2. deadworlds macrumors 65816

deadworlds

Are you turning off Bluetooth off from control center or in the systems setting? I’m asking because control center doesn’t actually turn off Bluetooth it just disconnect from Bluetooth devices, excluding the watch. Bluetooth will stay connected to the watch unless you complete turn it off within the settings.

3. Rmpaul211 thread starter macrumors regular

Rmpaul211

Man I literally just figured that out! I was Just trying to figure out to take down this post. I literally watched someone go to the settings and turn off the Bluetooth and i was wondering why they did use the control center! This is crazy lol

4. deadworlds macrumors 65816

deadworlds

Yea macrumors even wrote an article about how the command center feature is misleading. I’d rather have it turn off WiFi/Bluetooth than just disconnect from them

5. Mercenary macrumors 65816

Mercenary

Or stick your phone in airplane mode. That turns the radios off