Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

garethjs

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Nov 11, 2008
Just updated my late 2015 iMac retina to 10.12.2 and everything is good except for the fact I've lost connectivity a few times today ith my trackpad. It says trackpad disconnected and 2-3secs later re-connects automatically.

What have they screwed up this time?

In the 13 months of 24/7 running this iMac, I've never lost connectivty once except for 3 times today alone.

kanselmo

macrumors member
Jul 21, 2010
27" 2015 retina iMac here as well and I've had something similar. I have the magic keyboard and trackpad (both Apple) and they have been working fine. I did have problems with my Razer Orochi mouse over Bluetooth, though. I'd be able to see it in the devices panel, but it would say "not connected." I reinstalled the driver software and have had only partial luck - the mouse connects sometimes, but I did have it not connect a couple times when waking it from sleep. I'd never had a problem like that with the Orochi before updating to 10.12.2.

jedijoe

macrumors 6502
Oct 13, 2005
Boulder, CO
after 10.12.2 my logitech mx master mouse (late 2016 MBP 15 w/touch) won't reconnect after sleep. i have to toggle the power on the mouse / bluetooth many times in hopes of getting it reconnected. using the 2.4GHz dongle works fine. Using it via bluetooth on a Dell Precision 5510 works fine (for days)... 10.12.x has been the biggest turd so far... hopefully 10.12.3 see bluetooth driver updates...

idark77

macrumors 6502a
Dec 2, 2014
You can try to remove your devices from System Preferences -> Bluetooth -> Devices list and pair them again.

kanselmo

macrumors member
Jul 21, 2010
Unfortunately, removing and re-pairing did not change anything. Same with uninstalling and reinstalling the extra software. Unless my bluetooth mouse has just gone to sleep in the past couple minutes, I have to bring up the Bluetooth control panel and keep double-clicking on the mouse there to get it to reconnect. I reported it to both Razer and Apple. Extremely frustrating.

You can try to remove your devices from System Preferences -> Bluetooth -> Devices list and pair them again.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.