Bluetooth Unavailable

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by marlo stanfield, Mar 23, 2008.

1. marlo stanfield macrumors newbie

I have a jailbroken 1.1.4 iphone and in Settings it says that the bluetooth is unavailable. Bluetooth was working for awhile while it was jailbroken, then all of a sudden it went 'unavailable.' I have tried several things and rebooted but nothing is working. Has anyone experienced this or know how to troubleshoot?

2. mJaY macrumors newbie

Its Stupid and strange at the same time..

I unlocked hundreds of phones without anyproblems

I baught 16 gb unlocked thorugh ZIPHONE 3.0

It wirked fine some time . now Installer works at snail speed, just tap once , SIT and RELAX to see the result of that tap . and BLUE TOOTH says unavailable.

anyone with any solution ??????? or should i Experiment thsi on my own :s

3. JUNGLE JAZZ macrumors newbie

bluetooth

I've been trying to do a bluetoorh sync with my Palm Zire and the message I get is that the port is unavailable and in use by another application. I know they'e talking because I can beam things from the Macbook to the Zire. (I'm new with the Mac thing by the way)

4. tabor macrumors newbie

Bluetooth Unavailable

I had the same problem with my iphone 1.1.4, bluetooth unavailable and the installer running very sluggish. I uninstalled the 1.1.4 Compatability Patch and SUID Lib Fix. My bluetooth was immediatley available and installer was back to normal. I am not sure which app was causing the problem, I uninstalled both at the same time.

5. kbates macrumors newbie

It's the 1.1.4 Compatibility Patch

After searching all over the place, for an answer to this same problem, I tried uninstalling the 1.1.4 patch, and Bluetooth came back immediately. I've had the SUID fix in place before, but didn't find it when I went to uninstall. Seems that the 1.1.4 'compatibilty' patch isn't that compatible after all...

Thank goodness for this thread! Hope this helps someone else!

6. zeGenius macrumors newbie

Bluetooth unavailable

Hi,

For all those who have jailbroken iPhones and who can see:

Settings > General > Bluetooth (grayed out "Unavailable")

Can you please tell me the setting of the key "Disabled" in:

/System/Library/LaunchDaemons/com.apple.BTServer.plist

I've been facing Bluetooth issues ever since iOS3:
    - also used to cause massive battery drain
    - so I manually toggled "Disabled" from "<false/>" to "<true/>" in the above plist
    - battery lasts longer now and
    - i see "Bluetooth" unavailable

I think most likely some previous version of an installed app toggled this value for you, and forgot/was unable to set it back

If you have Disabled=true, try to:
    - make Disabled=false and
    - hard-reboot the iPhone (viz. Hold Sleep and Home buttons till the apple logo shows up)

Greetz