Bluetooth USB audio receiver and with playback control for iPhone

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by drasto, Dec 22, 2014.

1. drasto macrumors newbie

Hello, I am looking for bluetooth audio receiver to stream music from my iPhone 5S's Spotify app to my car's audio system.

Background: I have recently bought an older Audi car. It has MMI playback system that is compatible with old 30 pin iPhone cable and also USB. So I can play my music already using 30 pin MMI input with lightning to 30 pin adapter. I want to find a way how to play my Spotify music without having to plug in my iPhone.

Specifics:
    - The Bluethooth audio receiver needs to be able to stream music from iPhone 5S's Spotify app.
    - The Bluethooth audio receiver needs to be plugable to and powered by USB, Lightning of 30 pin cable.
    - I want to control Spotify playback by buttons on stearing wheel. Therefore, I believe, Bluetooth to AUX adapter is not an an option.
    - The car can connect to iPhone for bluetooth calls so I do not need any call capabilities. Just music streaming and playback control.

Does anybody have experience with solution that would fit? Can you recomend something?

2. eclipse01 macrumors 68020

eclipse01

your basic "run of the mill" $100 receiver (with bluetooth) will do the job. And they will come with usb ports as well for the charging aspect (use your own 30 pin adapter cord of course)

3. webslinger85 macrumors 6502a

webslinger85

http://www.kinivo.com/Kinivo-BTC450-Bluetooth-Hands-Free-Input/dp/B009NLTW60